Traveling to Paris

I traveled through Europe for three weeks and my friend (who lives in Belgium) recommended that I bring an understated non-designer crossbody bag that I could turn so that the zip was facing me. If you feel that pick pocketing is a problem and you want to avoid it, I'd just skip the stress of bringing an LV and just bring something non-designer :smile:

I was in Paris for only a day and a half but during that time, especially when you go to tourist spots, there are people who will hassle you and try to distract you. I had people who would pull me on my arm to try to distract me (to pickpocket me?) and others with clipboards who were supposedly representatives of charities trying to take money from me.

Reactions: missconvy
When I went to Paris a few years ago, we hit ALL of the touristy spots and all over the metro and I carried my Delightful MM- comfortable and big enough to toss off of our souvenirs in there. I was reminded several times by shop keepers to keep my bag close to me, especially since she didn't zip, I ended up throwing a scarf on top and was completely fine.
Enjoy your trip! I'm so jelly, it's an amazing city!

Reactions: katieny
Sorry this is long. Thanks for bearing with me.
IMG_2435.jpg I thought I'd update on my trip to Normandy and Paris. I didn't end up taking any of my L.V. bags with me except my Damier Ebene Accessories Pouch that I used as a make up bag. I used it once to go out to dinner. Instead I took a black coach swing pack that we picked up in Hawaii and a black Kate Spade nylon hobo. The Kate Spade was for the plane and the Coach for site seeing. I ended up using the KS because it was big enough to fit my rain coat and it rained almost every day.
I felt completely safe everywhere except at the Eiffel Tower. It was packed full of people so we were being bumped into a lot but nothing happened, which was good.
I didn't notice many designer bags except at the airport.
On the streets of Paris, I saw one Birkin, a Goyard, a Faure Le Page, a Noe, a Neverfull or two and some Speedies. It was not the purse sighting experience that is New York. I was a bit surprised by that.
I ended up getting a Montainge P.M. at the Galleries Lafayette. There were two L.V. areas in the store. The leather section was separate from the canvas section. The leather section had 5 or 6 sales associates but it was completely empty. No one spoke to us when we walked through. The section with canvas bags was a bit of a zoo. There were probably 10 people in line. They had an iPad and looked up what you were looking for. Then you waited in line until a sales associate became available. They matched me up with someone that spoke English. My S.A. was in training so I had two S.As. The "trainer" commented that I was familiar with the house. He asked me if I had any bags and I said yes. My husband said I had many, many bags. That must have sealed it for them because we were offered champagne. That has never happened to me before.
IMG_2801.jpg

They had nothing that was on my list - St. Cloud, Speedy DE Bandouliére or the Croisette. They showed me the Tuileries Besace in olive, the mono Alma BB and the Brittany. Not of these were love at first sight.
The more I looked at it, the more I realized the Montainge BB had all the bells and whistles that I was looking for. It has a clochette and a monogram strap. I'm excited to add these in my collection as I plan on using them on other bags. It wasn't on my radar but it's a structured bag which I love.
IMG_2831.jpg
We were in Paris with friends and we walked right by the store on the Champs ´Elysées one night. I could not get them to stop and go into the store. Paris is so big and there was so much to see that we never made it back to that location. I did get to take pictures of it as we were walking by however. We broke away from the group to go to the Galleries Lafayette and to Chanel. I got the WOC at 31 Rue Cambon. It was an amazing experience as well.
France is magical. I am completely enchanted with it. It was a wonderful trip.

Reactions: missconvy and Rani
Sorry this is long. Thanks for bearing with me.
View attachment 3830465 I thought I'd update on my trip to Normandy and Paris. I didn't end up taking any of my L.V. bags with me except my Damier Ebene Accessories Pouch that I used as a make up bag. I used it once to go out to dinner. Instead I took a black coach swing pack that we picked up in Hawaii and a black Kate Spade nylon hobo. The Kate Spade was for the plane and the Coach for site seeing. I ended up using the KS because it was big enough to fit my rain coat and it rained almost every day.
I felt completely safe everywhere except at the Eiffel Tower. It was packed full of people so we were being bumped into a lot but nothing happened, which was good.
I didn't notice many designer bags except at the airport.
On the streets of Paris, I saw one Birkin, a Goyard, a Faure Le Page, a Noe, a Neverfull or two and some Speedies. It was not the purse sighting experience that is New York. I was a bit surprised by that.
I ended up getting a Montainge P.M. at the Galleries Lafayette. There were two L.V. areas in the store. The leather section was separate from the canvas section. The leather section had 5 or 6 sales associates but it was completely empty. No one spoke to us when we walked through. The section with canvas bags was a bit of a zoo. There were probably 10 people in line. They had an iPad and looked up what you were looking for. Then you waited in line until a sales associate became available. They matched me up with someone that spoke English. My S.A. was in training so I had two S.As. The "trainer" commented that I was familiar with the house. He asked me if I had any bags and I said yes. My husband said I had many, many bags. That must have sealed it for them because we were offered champagne. That has never happened to me before.
View attachment 3830466

They had nothing that was on my list - St. Cloud, Speedy DE Bandouliére or the Croisette. They showed me the Tuileries Besace in olive, the mono Alma BB and the Brittany. Not of these were love at first sight.
The more I looked at it, the more I realized the Montainge BB had all the bells and whistles that I was looking for. It has a clochette and a monogram strap. I'm excited to add these in my collection as I plan on using them on other bags. It wasn't on my radar but it's a structured bag which I love.
View attachment 3830467
We were in Paris with friends and we walked right by the store on the Champs ´Elysées one night. I could not get them to stop and go into the store. Paris is so big and there was so much to see that we never made it back to that location. I did get to take pictures of it as we were walking by however. We broke away from the group to go to the Galleries Lafayette and to Chanel. I got the WOC at 31 Rue Cambon. It was an amazing experience as well.
France is magical. I am completely enchanted with it. It was a wonderful trip.
Congrats on your Montaigne bb and Woc, both are great choices and on my wish list. I really enjoyed reading your post on your trip to Paris and glad to hear you had a good experience.

Paris is my most favorite city! Have so much fun! You do have to watch for pick pockets - especially around the Eiffel Tower.
Honestly I usually carry my Longchamp LePilage bag when I am traveling because I can put it on the floor of the plane and wipe it off, it's lightweight, and it can hold a ton. I bring Eva inside for use at night.