Traveling to Paris, Italy and London next month.. is there a best place to purchase?

Our flight from Paris to Italy leaves early so I'm hoping I have time to get VAT's back at the airport. We will visit Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Rome in Italy.

Usually, for a French brand, the prices will be lowest in France. However, Saint Laurent unceremoniously stopped paying tax refunds if you buy from their stand alone Paris boutiques (they still process all the paperwork but you just never receive any refund anymore). I would recommend to buy from a department store that stocks SL instead (e.g. Printemps).

If Italy tax refunds are higher than in France, maybe it could be cheaper in Italy, but I would be surprised.

Usually, for a French brand, the prices will be lowest in France. However, Saint Laurent unceremoniously stopped paying tax refunds if you buy from their stand alone Paris boutiques (they still process all the paperwork but you just never receive any refund anymore). I would recommend to buy from a department store that stocks SL instead (e.g. Printemps).

If Italy tax refunds are higher than in France, maybe it could be cheaper in Italy, but I would be surprised.

Thank you for letting me know. Saint Laurent is one of the boutiques I am considering. Disappointing they are treating their clients this way.