Traveling to Korea for Plastic Surgery During COVID

Beautytravels123

Jul 28, 2020
I’ve always been a silent reader on purse blog and have appreciated all the useful information I’ve received from this site. I haven’t contributed anything so far to keep my privacy. However, now that I’ve gone through a pretty uncommon experience, I feel like I need to share it with the community because it can be helpful for those who are considering visiting Korea during the pandemic.

Disclaimer: this is going to be long because I’m going to cover a lot of points from my experience going to Korea for plastic surgery during the pandemic. It sounds crazy but it wasn’t as crazy as it seems. For those of you wondering whether it’s safe to visit Korea and get procedures done right now, I can assure you that it is. I have traveled to Korea, endured the quarantine, and got a BBL at Pretty Body Clinic along with some other procedures (the BBL was the main reason I came to Korea so that’s what I will be talking about, but if you want me to talk about the other things I got please pm me).

While the trip is safe and doable, there are some drawbacks. You must go through a 14 day quarantine at a government facility (which will cost you $100 per day) and covid testing before and after the quarantine. You will go through multiple steps and fill out a lot of paper work at the airport before you are even allowed to enter the country. You will need to download an app to log your symptoms twice a day during the quarantine. It will also track your location to make sure you are properly quarantining. They will also check your temperature and address in Korea (you can put the hotel you will stay at after quarantine). Most importantly, you will need a contact number from Korea who they will call. This caught me by surprise at the airport because the government site did not say we would need one. Luckily, I was able to provide the number of one of the clinics I had already booked for consultation and had them vouch for me. I was pretty lucky because had it been Sunday (a lot of clinics are closed Sunday) or had it had been outside of usual working hours, the clinics wouldn’t have answered fast enough and I would be stuck in the airport until someone was willing to vouch for me. They will not let you enter unless you provide a korean number and have someone pick up to vouch for you. I recommend you to contact one of the clinics you will consult at, explain the situation, and have them vouch for you (just make sure they know your name). It’s best if you have their personal number and not their office number so that they will definitely pick up when the time comes (also let them know the time of your arrival so that they know when to expect the call).

After this process, they will take you directly to a covid testing site where you will be tested. It was my first ever covid test and while uncomfortable, it was quick and painless. From then on you will be transported to a randomized location (probably either their incheon or dongdaemun location). I was placed in their Dongdaemun location, which was a hotel turned covid facility. While you’re stuck in the room during that time, you can easily pass time on netflix, FaceTiming family, or surfing the internet on your phone/laptop (this is actually a good time to research more about procedures you want to get done and contact clinics for appointments). Also, the Korean government makes the experience as comfortable as it can be by providing a relatively spacious room (with simple amenities) and meals three times a day. They will also provide cleaning products for you to do your own laundry, an electric thermometer to check your temperature for the twice a day logins, and many masks which are useful because even when you get out of quarantine, there will be many instances where you will be required to wear a mask (in stores, public transportation/taxi, also not to mention the entire duration of your flight to and from Korea).

Trash gets collected every 3-4 days at a certain time during the day. They will give you a bucket which you will put your trash in. Everything has to fit in the container or they will not take it. If you are strategic with how you place the trash, you can fit almost everything. I refrigerated my food waste in between trash days so that it wouldn’t go bad and smell. A small but useful thing I would bring with me, if I were to go through this again, would be a dish sponge. This would’ve helped me clean out the food containers without having to use my hands so much.

Near the end of the quarantine, you can call the public official number, which will be on the app, to find out what time you will be allowed to leave. The front desk will call you the day before your quarantine ends to ask you for it. When you are allowed to leave, they will require you to go to a covid testing site to get tested again. This time on your own. You will need to get a taxi so make sure you have the address in korean prepared (a lot of the taxi drivers do not know English and some are completely reliant on their GPS so they need a korean address). I would recommend checking in to your hotel first and dropping off your luggage before going to get tested. It’s just less hassle without having to lug around your luggage.

Once you get the testing done, you’re free to go! It will feel super relieving when you’re at this stage lol. I booked most of my consultations that day and sped through them. Packing in so much that day was probably not a good idea because it gave me very little time to get food. But at that point I was just so eagered to finally be out and do the things I came to Korea for.

More about my BBL at Pretty Body Clinic:

Once you contact Pretty Body Clinic on kakao and it’s clear you are a foreigner you will be directed to Hyelim (who is very nice) and will consult with Angelina when you get to the clinic. She can speak english very well and can also speak Chinese. When I went to the clinic I noticed that there were usually people waiting and all of whom were locals. I think that it’s nice that they can accommodate foreigners even though it seems that they already have a substantial local clientele.

I had my heart set on the clinic for my BBL, after consulting with Angelina, and got it done the next day. She was so honest about what would and wouldn’t work for my procedure and went over every detail. Since I didn’t have a lot of fat to begin with, I couldn’t expect a huge difference in my butt. However, it would be fuller and more shapely, which is all I could ask for. She also recommended facial fat transfer on my temple, which she added free of charge, because it would balance out my face. I didn’t even notice they were hollow until she pointed it out, and it made so much of a difference!! Thanks Angelina!! They even gave me a second round of fat injection the day before I left Korea to make sure I was happy with the results. After my consultation I had to cancel my appointment with Grand, who I was considering for the procedure as well.

The day of the surgery, I met with Dr. Jung, who performed the procedure. He had already been prepped by Angelina on what I wanted so he immediately began marking my body to outline what he would do. I told him where I was most concerned about and he took that into consideration. I appreciated his kindness — he was gentle and assuring when I was nervous before going under. I also appreciated his eye for detail. One thing I noticed is that he really likes the s-line figure because even though I only came in for a BBL, I also got a more hour glass shape because of where he took and injected fat! This was really nice because not only did I get a perkier butt, but also a slimmer waist/wider hips. I could tell he really cared about the overall profile of my body and was willing to go beyond to get a beautiful result.

Another person who went above and beyond was Angelina. She was there every step of the way and made sure I got what I wanted plus more. She made sure my facial fat transfer was done by another doctor who specialized in face. She also addressed every concern, such as when I got an allergic reaction on my thighs. She had me come in for laser treatment every other day and checked up on my allergy to make sure it went down. Not only was she a super advocate for me at the clinic, but she helped make my time in Korea smoother and more enjoyable. She recommended popular cafes and trendy shopping areas, helped me get taxis when I was having a hard time getting one myself, and even took me to skin clinics that she personally went to when I was breaking out. I can’t thank her enough and can’t recommend her and PBC enough if you are interested in getting fat transfer done.

The recovery process was relatively smooth. By the second day I was walking pretty normally. I made sure not to do anything too strenuous, but’s it’s actually recommended that you move around early on after your surgery. You will be sore around the areas where fat was taken out but that goes away almost completely a little after a week. The most annoying part was not being able to sit/sleep on your butt. Angelina and Hyelim got me a cushion for my flight back which was very helpful. I recommend getting a cushion for your butt before the procedure because there will be instances where you will have to sit (ex. in a taxi, at a restaurant).

Even though I still need to de-swell, I already see a slimmer figure and a fuller butt. I can’t wait to see the final results in a couple of months!

Overall my experience has been positive and I came back home very satisfied. As long as you have the time and can bear the extra costs that come with the mandatory quarantine, you can come to Korea and get procedures done. Yes, the quarantine will feel long while you’re going through it, but it will feel worth it once you’ve gotten everything you’ve wanted done. Some people may disagree, but I personally think it’s worth it and that it’s actually a good time to go now. Most clinics will be available because there are less clients from abroad and they will have more time to cater to your needs. Not only that, you can explore the country on your off days. Maximize your time there: get those affordable laser/skin treatments done, stock up on kbeauty products, go shopping, eat good food (definitely ask Angelina/hyelim for recommendations!). I hope this helps people who are on the fence about visiting Korea right now and helps clarify what the experience will be like. PM me if you have any questions!

Muhlia

May 28, 2020
Thank you for sharing your surgery journey with PBC! Seems you really liked their everything :smile:
I thought PBC is only well-known for Koreans! Very interesting that not only Koreans go PBC for surgery!

shinhwamila

May 14, 2020
I’ve always been a silent reader on purse blog and have appreciated all the useful information I’ve received from this site. I haven’t contributed anything so far to keep my privacy. However, now that I’ve gone through a pretty uncommon experience, I feel like I need to share it with the community because it can be helpful for those who are considering visiting Korea during the pandemic.

Disclaimer: this is going to be long because I’m going to cover a lot of points from my experience going to Korea for plastic surgery during the pandemic. It sounds crazy but it wasn’t as crazy as it seems. For those of you wondering whether it’s safe to visit Korea and get procedures done right now, I can assure you that it is. I have traveled to Korea, endured the quarantine, and got a BBL at Pretty Body Clinic along with some other procedures (the BBL was the main reason I came to Korea so that’s what I will be talking about, but if you want me to talk about the other things I got please pm me).

While the trip is safe and doable, there are some drawbacks. You must go through a 14 day quarantine at a government facility (which will cost you $100 per day) and covid testing before and after the quarantine. You will go through multiple steps and fill out a lot of paper work at the airport before you are even allowed to enter the country. You will need to download an app to log your symptoms twice a day during the quarantine. It will also track your location to make sure you are properly quarantining. They will also check your temperature and address in Korea (you can put the hotel you will stay at after quarantine). Most importantly, you will need a contact number from Korea who they will call. This caught me by surprise at the airport because the government site did not say we would need one. Luckily, I was able to provide the number of one of the clinics I had already booked for consultation and had them vouch for me. I was pretty lucky because had it been Sunday (a lot of clinics are closed Sunday) or had it had been outside of usual working hours, the clinics wouldn’t have answered fast enough and I would be stuck in the airport until someone was willing to vouch for me. They will not let you enter unless you provide a korean number and have someone pick up to vouch for you. I recommend you to contact one of the clinics you will consult at, explain the situation, and have them vouch for you (just make sure they know your name). It’s best if you have their personal number and not their office number so that they will definitely pick up when the time comes (also let them know the time of your arrival so that they know when to expect the call).

After this process, they will take you directly to a covid testing site where you will be tested. It was my first ever covid test and while uncomfortable, it was quick and painless. From then on you will be transported to a randomized location (probably either their incheon or dongdaemun location). I was placed in their Dongdaemun location, which was a hotel turned covid facility. While you’re stuck in the room during that time, you can easily pass time on netflix, FaceTiming family, or surfing the internet on your phone/laptop (this is actually a good time to research more about procedures you want to get done and contact clinics for appointments). Also, the Korean government makes the experience as comfortable as it can be by providing a relatively spacious room (with simple amenities) and meals three times a day. They will also provide cleaning products for you to do your own laundry, an electric thermometer to check your temperature for the twice a day logins, and many masks which are useful because even when you get out of quarantine, there will be many instances where you will be required to wear a mask (in stores, public transportation/taxi, also not to mention the entire duration of your flight to and from Korea).

Trash gets collected every 3-4 days at a certain time during the day. They will give you a bucket which you will put your trash in. Everything has to fit in the container or they will not take it. If you are strategic with how you place the trash, you can fit almost everything. I refrigerated my food waste in between trash days so that it wouldn’t go bad and smell. A small but useful thing I would bring with me, if I were to go through this again, would be a dish sponge. This would’ve helped me clean out the food containers without having to use my hands so much.

Near the end of the quarantine, you can call the public official number, which will be on the app, to find out what time you will be allowed to leave. The front desk will call you the day before your quarantine ends to ask you for it. When you are allowed to leave, they will require you to go to a covid testing site to get tested again. This time on your own. You will need to get a taxi so make sure you have the address in korean prepared (a lot of the taxi drivers do not know English and some are completely reliant on their GPS so they need a korean address). I would recommend checking in to your hotel first and dropping off your luggage before going to get tested. It’s just less hassle without having to lug around your luggage.

Once you get the testing done, you’re free to go! It will feel super relieving when you’re at this stage lol. I booked most of my consultations that day and sped through them. Packing in so much that day was probably not a good idea because it gave me very little time to get food. But at that point I was just so eagered to finally be out and do the things I came to Korea for.

More about my BBL at Pretty Body Clinic:

Once you contact Pretty Body Clinic on kakao and it’s clear you are a foreigner you will be directed to Hyelim (who is very nice) and will consult with Angelina when you get to the clinic. She can speak english very well and can also speak Chinese. When I went to the clinic I noticed that there were usually people waiting and all of whom were locals. I think that it’s nice that they can accommodate foreigners even though it seems that they already have a substantial local clientele.

I had my heart set on the clinic for my BBL, after consulting with Angelina, and got it done the next day. She was so honest about what would and wouldn’t work for my procedure and went over every detail. Since I didn’t have a lot of fat to begin with, I couldn’t expect a huge difference in my butt. However, it would be fuller and more shapely, which is all I could ask for. She also recommended facial fat transfer on my temple, which she added free of charge, because it would balance out my face. I didn’t even notice they were hollow until she pointed it out, and it made so much of a difference!! Thanks Angelina!! They even gave me a second round of fat injection the day before I left Korea to make sure I was happy with the results. After my consultation I had to cancel my appointment with Grand, who I was considering for the procedure as well.

The day of the surgery, I met with Dr. Jung, who performed the procedure. He had already been prepped by Angelina on what I wanted so he immediately began marking my body to outline what he would do. I told him where I was most concerned about and he took that into consideration. I appreciated his kindness — he was gentle and assuring when I was nervous before going under. I also appreciated his eye for detail. One thing I noticed is that he really likes the s-line figure because even though I only came in for a BBL, I also got a more hour glass shape because of where he took and injected fat! This was really nice because not only did I get a perkier butt, but also a slimmer waist/wider hips. I could tell he really cared about the overall profile of my body and was willing to go beyond to get a beautiful result.

Another person who went above and beyond was Angelina. She was there every step of the way and made sure I got what I wanted plus more. She made sure my facial fat transfer was done by another doctor who specialized in face. She also addressed every concern, such as when I got an allergic reaction on my thighs. She had me come in for laser treatment every other day and checked up on my allergy to make sure it went down. Not only was she a super advocate for me at the clinic, but she helped make my time in Korea smoother and more enjoyable. She recommended popular cafes and trendy shopping areas, helped me get taxis when I was having a hard time getting one myself, and even took me to skin clinics that she personally went to when I was breaking out. I can’t thank her enough and can’t recommend her and PBC enough if you are interested in getting fat transfer done.

The recovery process was relatively smooth. By the second day I was walking pretty normally. I made sure not to do anything too strenuous, but’s it’s actually recommended that you move around early on after your surgery. You will be sore around the areas where fat was taken out but that goes away almost completely a little after a week. The most annoying part was not being able to sit/sleep on your butt. Angelina and Hyelim got me a cushion for my flight back which was very helpful. I recommend getting a cushion for your butt before the procedure because there will be instances where you will have to sit (ex. in a taxi, at a restaurant).

Even though I still need to de-swell, I already see a slimmer figure and a fuller butt. I can’t wait to see the final results in a couple of months!

Overall my experience has been positive and I came back home very satisfied. As long as you have the time and can bear the extra costs that come with the mandatory quarantine, you can come to Korea and get procedures done. Yes, the quarantine will feel long while you’re going through it, but it will feel worth it once you’ve gotten everything you’ve wanted done. Some people may disagree, but I personally think it’s worth it and that it’s actually a good time to go now. Most clinics will be available because there are less clients from abroad and they will have more time to cater to your needs. Not only that, you can explore the country on your off days. Maximize your time there: get those affordable laser/skin treatments done, stock up on kbeauty products, go shopping, eat good food (definitely ask Angelina/hyelim for recommendations!). I hope this helps people who are on the fence about visiting Korea right now and helps clarify what the experience will be like. PM me if you have any questions!
Hello there thank you for being so open and being so helpful! I greatly appreciate it!
I am thinking of getting full body lipo and have been reading that PBC is great at lipo and so many have had positive experience including urself :smile:
If I may ask how much did you pay for quarantine and I know you did’nt exactly get full body lipo but maybe if you have an idea? Or your opinion on their pricings? Thank you so much