Traveling to Europe, what bag to bring?

Vienna

Jun 27, 2010
Hi everyone! I need some advice :smile: I am going to Italy, France, and then London for a month and I don't know what daily bag to bring. My husband has been to Europe a few times already and told me not to bring a daily bag at all! He is worried about pickpocketers and drawing too much attention to us with my Chanels. Now I am nervous to even bring one of my minis! Any advice would be really appreciated.

I usually don't carry much when travelling, so I just bring my WOC.
I just need credit cards, cash and my phone (I have a city map on my phone). Never been pickpocketed, I always carry the bag in front of me and have my hand on it in subways etc

What is your itinerary? Are you sightseeing? Taking public transit? Walking the sights?
Any bag with secure closure would work and do keep it close to your body. A WOC works along with another bag or tote would do.

Reactions: FunBagz
What is your itinerary? Are you sightseeing? Taking public transit? Walking the sights?
Any bag with secure closure would work and do keep it close to your body. A WOC works along with another bag or tote would do.

+1. I usually bring my WOC for evenings or when I don't need to carry a lot and my Balenciaga Velo for those days when I need to carry more (umbrellas, etc.). The Bal has a recessed zipper and interior zipped pocket, so it is super secure against pick-pockets and it can be worn cross body, handheld and with the strap doubled for shoulder wear. My Longchamp LP tote is my carry on and it doubles as a more casual daily bag or folded up in my Bal for shopping, etc. I do not bring my classic flaps or boys as I feel they take up too much space and are not as versatile. Have fun on your trip!

think about what you'd want to carry daily - likely camera, phone, makeup, small wallet, map?. and what if you pick up a souvenir while out walking? i don't think daily essentials will fit in something smaller than a mini. you can use the mini during the day and for nights out. maybe in black it'll draw less attention than a colored bag. personally, i take my LV/Longchamp stuff, those bags make better travel companions than chanel, imo, because of the weather-proof materials and spaciousness

Hi Vienna, Would you prefer to bring your beloved Chanel bag or you do prefer any other bags?
Just like some other member gave some good advice, I think it also depends on where you stay and which part of cities you will stroll around. I think you have no problem if you stay in safety area and being careful. I've never had scary experiences in Europe while I used taxi and walking, but then i never used public Metros there like i used to use in NYC. I have no bad experience in the past while I have brought my half moon WOC or caviar classic ML or mini flap, reissue in Chanel. I brought the other brands cross body ( hermes evelyne ) as well. And in my recent travels, I often wore my old medium boy in Paris and other cities in Europe and it was very useful as a casual cross body and tough bag, and also less attention over the classic cc. I recommend cross body style and being careful on closure still anywhere you go in general as i heard nowadays pickpockets has some skills we never notice even in safer and nicer areas.

But I really hope you choose and bring your beloved Chanel to your vacation and enjoy your beautiful fashion in Europe! I just feel it is such a waste you have such great Chanel collection and why not. It's shame if we wouldn't be able to enjoy French Brand Chanel in Paris! Don't worry, as long as you're being careful in general sense, you will be able to enjoy with your beautiful Chanel safely! ;)

Last edited:
WOC. Light, can be worn sightseeing or to the night out. You can also wear it under jacket or coat for extra safety. Or you can wear the logo part facing the body depending on the surroundings.

Reactions: antschulina
I usually bring the m/l cause it fits what I need wallet, passports, other necessities. Not to heavy. N the places u visit are all safe just exercise caution as anywhere else

Hi everyone! I need some advice :smile: I am going to Italy, France, and then London for a month and I don't know what daily bag to bring. My husband has been to Europe a few times already and told me not to bring a daily bag at all! He is worried about pickpocketers and drawing too much attention to us with my Chanels. Now I am nervous to even bring one of my minis! Any advice would be really appreciated.

Your hubby is right. You'd be like a walking target for thieves if you bring an expensive bag. Maybe bring one for when you go out for a fancy dinner but for walking around and sightseeing, I personally would just carry a cheaper bag.
2 of my girlfriends were targeted and they were carrying LV's not even Chanels! One was in Paris and the other one was in Amsterdam. Always travel wisely...