Travel With the GST?

Cari284

Jul 9, 2009
I'm travelling to Prague tomorrow morning. I want to have my GST with me and I won't pack it in my luggage.. Is it a good bag to travel with, take on the plain as hand luggage?

Thank you so much :smile:

Hi Cari, I used to have a GST, but sold it, because I hardly used it. I took it with me on a business trip before and thought it was very useful. I like to carry magazines, a book and a scarf with me besides other essentials when travelling and it all fitted perfect in the GST. The only downside might be that it could draw some attention with the big interlocking C's on the bag. I prefer to keep my bag with me instead of in the hand luggage compartments for easy access and am too paranoid that it might get stolen otherwise.

Have a great trip and good luck deciding? Any Chanel stores in Prague?? :smile:

i use a GST all the time as my handbag in addition to a carryon that goes above into the luggate compartment...its perfect for me ~ i always take too much "stuff" so i'm used to
all the bulk...just got home from a 6 hr flight ~ the patent GST is my workhorse!
i say use it & safe travels!

I might be on the minority here but to me the issue with travelling with GST is the weight and the open top. I imagine it would be very messy if the bag tipped to the side during flight and spill all its contents...

Hi Cari, I used to have a GST, but sold it, because I hardly used it. I took it with me on a business trip before and thought it was very useful. I like to carry magazines, a book and a scarf with me besides other essentials when travelling and it all fitted perfect in the GST. The only downside might be that it could draw some attention with the big interlocking C's on the bag. I prefer to keep my bag with me instead of in the hand luggage compartments for easy access and am too paranoid that it might get stolen otherwise.

Have a great trip and good luck deciding? Any Chanel stores in Prague?? :smile:

Thank you so much for your input :smile: Yes I know, the CC logo can get you much attention but I always carry it with that side towards my body in crowded places! No, I don't want to put it up in the hand luggage compartments either. I like having my bags close to me.

Thank you! No unfortunately not :sad:

i use a GST all the time as my handbag in addition to a carryon that goes above into the luggate compartment...its perfect for me ~ i always take too much "stuff" so i'm used to
all the bulk...just got home from a 6 hr flight ~ the patent GST is my workhorse!
i say use it & safe travels!

Yea I would use it as you personal item - the pockets are perfect for travelling!

Thank you for your input :smile:

I always take a flap or a zipper bag with me when I travel in major European cities, since an open top bag always attracts pickpockets. :wondering

Yes I know, I'm a bit worried about that as well but since it has to compartments with zippers I can carry the important stuff there.

I've used mine when we travelled to Europe a couple of years ago. I'll never do it again though coz of all my things I put in when I travel, it gets so heavy. Now, when I travel I just bring light weight purse and check-in other purses that I'm bringing.

Have fun in Prague!!! I think a GST would be a good travel bag because of the size.. the only thing that might worry be would be pick pockets when you go to touristsy spots where there are husge crowds!

I love my GST, it really can fit alot of things but the downside to it is it can be quite heavy. If you are a heavy bag user, I think you should be alright with it.

I still love my GST nonetheless! :yahoo: