Travel TRAVEL: Tahiti, Raitea and BoraBora

Tikocookie

O.G.
May 28, 2012
So excited to be travelling for fun this year. Any tips for the location: Tahiti, raitea and Bora2? We are scuba divers, so would be looking to do some diving and interested in food (restaurants that are local and delicious), and just getting to know the culture - through some shopping ;)

No personal experience but I just read an article about DNA discoveries in the South Pacific which got me looking at a map. I never hear New Caledonia mentioned but it looks like it has some really interesting natural beauty and spectacular diving.

Reactions: Tikocookie
Some info about Tahiti.
Traditionally, tipping has been contrary to the Tahitian custom of hospitality. It is neither required nor expected. However, if you receive particularly good service from someone the gesture will be appreciated. Mind you, they may not accept it but you will not be insulting them either. Note: In Tahiti, the prices quoted on menus and in stores are all inclusive. There are no hidden costs. Some restaurants will have a note attached to the bill indicating that a tip would be welcome. This takes the guessing away.

Though I was there several years ago, maybe something changed. But I'd like to go there again. It's a very beautiful place!