travel chic

beaute

Feb 12, 2007
so here's a thread for all of us going away this summer. Share your jet style secrets..

What do you usually wear on planes?
What do you take with you?
What purse do you carry?
What is in your purse?

share pictures too. that'll double the fun!!!

Answers to all of these depend on where I'm going, and whether it's for business or pleasure. I'm very big on layers in all cases, as planes tend to either be too hot or too cold.

Jeans or capris if headed to warmer climate
T-shirt
Cashmere sweater or cotton sweater-->warmer climate
Carry a pashmina in case plane is REALLY cold
Good walking shoes or sandals-->warmer climate

Purse and tote for magazines, snacks, etc.
If headed to colder climate, carry a warm coat or parka and hat/gloves/scarf.

What purse do you carry?
Depends on destination, but lately LV Damier Saleya. The top zips and I don't worry about setting the bag on the floor in front of my seat. It's a light bag and can fit over the shoulder if I need a free hand.

What is in your purse?
Just the usual. Extra stuff for travel goes in the tote.

Usually a cute pair of jeans, flats, polo (if warm), light cotton sweater (in between), cashmere sweater with a t-shirt underneath (if chilly). I tend to dress on the warm side because I am always cold!

A jacket (usually for leaving the airport), and a pashmina for the plane.

What purse do you carry?
It varies. Usually something on the big side, but not crazy big. Think MJ Bowler, Chloe Edith. That type of size. I just bought a Rebecca Minkoff morning after, so that will likely be my new travel bag. I also bought a big BE&D hobo in black patent, so that too! I wanted bags I could put on my shoulder.

What is in your purse?
My laptop, some magazines, a book, my ipod. Maybe something to drink, although not so much anymore with the new rules. I also keep a plastic bag (quart size, of course!) with makeup essentials in my purse.

This summer I am going to Australia, so I will carry on a little more than usual. I plan to bring some of those face towelettes so I can wash my face, toothbrush and toothpaste, brush, lotion, etc. The flight leaves at 11pm and arrives at 7am, so I will also bring dramamine and a sleep aid! Probably ear plugs, too.

I usually wear cashmere pull on pants and cashmere layers on top. I carry a pashmina to use as a blanket and a pair of cashmere socks in my purse. I wear easy to slip off shoes that have no metal in them. I absolutely hate taking off my shoes at the airport so usually wear sporty pradas.
I don't have a specific travel bag but I carry something large enough to fit plenty of magazines and something yummy to eat and drink so I don't have to eat the plane food. Cosmetic case with miniature bottled water, water in an aerosol to rehydrate my skin, moisturizer, chapstick, makeup, brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, face cleansing pads, perfume....

Usually my favourite jeans, a soft black tshirt, some kind of scarf, a pair of my comfy heels, and a Balenciaga City.. although i just bought the Yves Saint Laurent Downtown and i think that would be perfect!

It depends on how long the flight is. If it's more than 4 hours, I usually wear juicy tracksuits. If it's only a couple of hours flight, then I will wear a t-shirt and jeans.

A big purse that I can put everything in and a big cashmere scarf.

What purse do you carry?
I usually carry a big tote. Last time I carried a MJ Stam bag and that was a big mistake. The bag is way too heavy to be carry around the airport. Now I just use a nylon Prada bag instead.

What is in your purse?
Just magazines, make-up, ipod, and my wallet.

-Usually wear juicy sweats- I'm ALL about comfort for plane rides...

more than I should!

What purse do you carry?
I usually like to bring a couple bags with me on my trips, but I like to carry my gucci messenger bag on the plane- just more convenient for me.

What is in your purse?
Oh gosh. wallet, ipod, makeup, glasses, mints, tylenol, benadryl, snacks, etc...a carry a LOT (not just on the plane, but on a daily basis!)

It depends... if I'm traveling with my bf, he's an airline employee so we have a dress code when we're flying at the discount. So business casual, khakis or any non-jean pants, a decent looking shirt and heels. If I've actually bought my ticket, better believe I'm in jeans and something comfy and gym shoes!

Besides my luggage? A tote & sweatshirt or jacket.

What purse do you carry?
Generally I throw everything in an herve chapelier tote, including whatever other purses I'll be using on my travels. I don't check purses.

What is in your purse?
In my tote... you'll find my purses, make up, medications, magazines, books, water, snacks, mouthwash for long flights, and probably a whole boatload of other junk!

What do you usually wear on planes? Casual trousers or Juicy sweatpants, vest, jumper (for extra layer)
What do you take with you? Magazines, sometimes a pash if it's cold
What purse do you carry? Last time I carried my Balenciaga but it depends.
What is in your purse? Sweets, chewing gum, big bottle of water, Ipod

What do you usually wear on planes?comfy clothes
What do you take with you?always a pashmina(never know the temperature...)
What purse do you carry?
the biggest I have
What is in your purse?
same as always plus more cosmetics for traveling

Ha, this is a wonderful thread! I'm taking my first flight ever in less than a month, and I've gotten some good ideas from here. In addition to trying to keep myself from being TERRIFIED, I've been trying to figure out like crazy how to pack, what to take on the plane, what to wear onboard, etc. Although my flight will be short (around two hours) this information is still good to have. Thanks for the ideas!

:tup:

Great thread! I love to travel and hear about how other people do it!

I am always SO COLD on planes, so I dress warmly in layers. If it's an international flight, I wear Juicy fleece or velour pants (no logos!), a t-shirt or tank top, a long-sleeve shirt over that, a hoodie and flip flops (I bring extra-warm socks!). That way I can be super comfortable for the long haul!

If it's a shorter flight, I usually wear jeans, some kind of shoe that slips on and off easily like flip-flops or ballet flats, a t-shirt, and a hoodie.

If it's a shorter flight and I have to look decent while traveling or immediately upon arrival due to business, I wear a black t-shirt dress and bring a huge pashmina which can double as a blanket.

I bring lots and lots of books (due to the amount of books I haul, I usually try to bring paperbacks!) and magazines, which are great readying material because you can easily discard them once you're through (unlike books). I also take along my iPod Shuffle and a journal.

What purse do you carry?
Sometimes I bring my Chanel Grand Shopper because it holds so much, but it is very heavy and not too wieldly. A better plane-purse is my medium Longchamp Les Pliages tote... super lightweight, folds up into nothing, and squishes under the seat or overhead in the cabin.

What is in your purse?
Makeup bag, glasses, spare set of contact lenses, cell phone, keys, a couple books and magazines, iPod shuffle, journal, pen.

I wear layers.

I check the majority of my clothes, but put aside one outfit for carryon. I put random beauty supplies in my checked bag.

I carry two bags on the plane with me:
- My purse contains glasses, sunglasses, wallet, cell phones, (mouth care, facial treatments, perfume, eye drops, etc, in a plastic ziplock), hairbrush, jewelry, and a book.
- My laptop bag is the same height and width, but is a bit thicker than most laptop bags and is on rollers. It carries my laptop, cords, and other equipment, as well as the outfit I put aside for carryon.

The idea behind this layout is that if my checked luggage gets lost or if I get stuck somewhere random without my checked luggage overnight, I still have all of my essentials.

What do you usually wear on planes? If the flight's really long, a Juicy Couture track suit. Other than that, it depends on the weather. If it's summer, a designer tee and a skirt. If it's winter then usuallly a cashmere sweater, jeans, and heels. What do you take with you? A Hermes blanket for the plane ride, if it's winter. You mean with me on the plane, or with me wherever I go??? On the plane ride, a Hermes blanket, sunglasses, money, magazines, LOADS of makeup. To my destination or wherever I'm going, I take with me all my designer clothes, depending on the weather if it's summer nice camisoles and summer clothes if it's winter cashmere sweaters, thermal tops, and cute designer tees. What purse do you carry? I carry two purses. A regular Chanel purse, that I carry for the sake of carrying a purse, and a Chanel backpack which I try to cram a lot of stuff for the plane ride into. What is in your purse? Magazines, mints, sunglasses, my ipod nano, a lot of makeup, just stuff for the plane ride.

In the summer, I tend to wear a knee-length cotton jersey skirt, a t-shirt/tank and I bring a cardigan in case I get cold during the flight.

I always work/do homework during flights, so I usually have my laptop and a casebook/cases with me.

What purse do you carry?
Most of the time I carry on, so I have my laptop bag and small suitcase.