Travel bag recommendations

jillgmac

Jan 16, 2012
West Texas
I'm going to NYC for the first time with hubby and two daughters (8 and 13). We will be there for 5 days, staying in East Midtown. I'm planning on taking a DE bag so I won't have to worry about vachetta in the rain. Which do you think is the better bag to take: DE Speedy B 30 or DE Neverfull MM? TIA!

DOVELV

Nov 17, 2013
I was just there last week... I would probably take the Speedy for the zipper. I carried a Longchamp instead of my NF so that I could zip it. I usually don't mind no zip but NY is just so crowded!

missyb

O.G.
May 29, 2007
EAST COAST
I think you will be fine with either. I walk around the city with open bags and zipped bags all the time. I would get what is more comfortable on your shoulder and the one you like more.

Bags_4_life

Sep 4, 2012
London
I think you will be fine with either. I walk around the city with open bags and zipped bags all the time. I would get what is more comfortable on your shoulder and the one you like more.
+ 1 don't be worried about a nf in a busy place, once cinched and clipped it's very safe under your arm, you can also top it with a scarf, move it towards the front of your body etc

deb68nc

O.G.
Jul 23, 2008
NC
I was there for 5 days in May too and I have to tell you, I saw nf's all over the city!!! I don't think I've ever seen an extreme amount anywhere ever...whichever you decide, it'll be fine...have fun!!

kopikomom

May 3, 2014
Definitely speedy b - use crossbody & keep bag in front of you at all times. Better safe than sorry :smile:
Have a wonderful trip - NYC is an amazing place!