Travel bag for Birkin?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Ladies! Sorry if this question has been asked before, I tried to search, but couldn't find a thread on it.

I'm thinking of bringing my Birkin 30 on vacation with me, and remember other members mentioning that they would put their Birkins in another bag during travel? I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a bag to use to carry my Birkin at the airport (to go through the security conveyer), etc.?

Thanks so much!

2. I think several people have talked about using a LV Neverfull.

3. Try searching for the pliage, and for "birkin travel". It's been discussed a lot and I'm sure you can find what you're looking for.

4. Longchamps Le Pilage.

5. LV Neverfull is a great choice! All of the designers now make similar bags to the LV. Bottega, Prada, Ferragamo, and even Tiffany&Co has a fun one in their new line of handbags in Tiffany blue/silver reversible. This basic shape works very well because it's easy and you can carry it on your shoulder, fit your Birkin, and also fit book, laptop, magazines, etc, etc! If you don't want to spend a lot of money for a bag for your bag, you can always go with the basic Longchamp bag in your favorite color, which can also double has a rain bag for your Birkin.

Good luck finding something and please let us know what you choose, or if you find something different!

6. Ok, I'll put in those terms. Thanks mistikat!

Thanks JulesB68 and clutchbag!

7. Hi Ariluvya21! Would the LV Neverfull (or similar) work as the handbag, or would it be considered as "carry on" luggage?

8. Neverfull, Pliage or Goyard St. Louis GM - or you could go online and get some envrosax for cheap. :biggrin: They work great.

9. I would say Longchamp Le Pliage, as it zips up (the neverfull is an open tote and I would think your Birkin could still get damaged).

10. I once saw a lady tote her ostrich Birkin in another H bag... it's called the Valspierre (sp?? I might be getting the name wrong, but it definitely started with a V, and it's in the catalogue of bags that's in the stores)

You place the B inside the Val, and then carry both by the handles.

11. Pliage, pliage, pliage. And if I am particularly paranoid about scratches, I also take the sleeper bag for x-ray machines and overheads.

12. At first I was thinking of Le Pilage but I got an Envirosax shopping bag from the most lovely tPF:er:heart: and it is perfect for my 30 cm Birkin. Since the day I got it I keep it in my Birkin and it is being used when travelling and also if it starts to rain when I am carrying my Birkin.

13. Hi Kashmira,

Will Longchamp Large Tote Bag work with 35 or just 30? Thanks!

14. Does the Envirosax zip up, or is it open?

15. Longchamp Large Tote Bag work with 30 if zipped and closed