Trauma = Purse Depression?

I am so sorry for your loss... I have a sweet daschund and I'm not looking forward to the day when she passes - I will be devastated.

It is totally normal for you NOT to be interested in something like purses when a loved one has passed. The grieving process works in different ways for different people but lack of interest in things is very common.

It will take time... so take your time. Get a raincheck from your BF and buy your purse when you're feeling better.

Take care

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. I know that you have many wonderful memories of your kitty, and I hope that they can give you some comfort, knowing what a wonderful life he/she had with you. My thought and prayers are with you.

:sad:

I lost my beloved Mr. Kitty last week, and this was a nice thread to find. Friends understand that you are altered when you lose a beloved pet, and everything seems flat-it will pass, this feeling, and one day you will secretly think of your cat and smile-in the meantime, it does take a while to adjust to the lack of the presence of a beloved animal-where they used to sleep, lie, etc-I feel for you and just know that you are a right thinking animal person who did right by the animal in your care who enriched your life-

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Everyone is right, you need time to grieve. I think things seem shallow and silly when you're experiencing grief so it's perfectly normal to not be interested in what you normally would love. I think it's a good idea to have a quiet dinner with your bf and put off the gift until you're feeling better. I have a friend who put off a handbag purchase that she was really looking forward to when she too got some bad news that she needed to grieve over. She didn't want the event to overshadow the love of her new bag so she waited a while so the two events were not connected. How wonderful that you got the joy of loving your kitty for 17 years! I think it's wonderful that you loved and cared for one of God's little furry critters so much! Your kitty is in Heaven now doing all the fabulous things that kitty's love to do! I hope your heart heals soon. Have a blessed and peaceful birthday!

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved kitty. Please take the time to grieve and to take care of yourself. Bags will always be around. I lost my beloved dog earlier this year and I just had to take some time and tears to grieve and work through the pain and loss. She meant a lot to you so be easy on yourself. Take care and have a nice birthday -- in whatever way you can.

I'm so sorry to hear about your kittys passing...I know it can be very heartbreaking. I lost my "big brown mutt" of 14 years, Penny a few years ago and missing her can still bring tears to my eyes. When you hurt deeply material things just don't seem to ease the pain. Right now I'm trying to recover from two knee injuries in 2 months time...I have all the time to shop for a new handbag and sure do plenty of looking, but seem to have little enthusiasm for it. I hope that you can find comfort in the dear memories of your sweet kitty...and that somehow you manage to enjoy your birthday. Best wishes to you....

I'm sorry for your loss, but as has been said, you did a good job keeping your kitty so long. I'm sure your baby had a great life. Put your purses on hold and take some time. Sending hugs and positive energy your way:heart:

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support.
I've actually decided to stay away from my house this week as I kept thinking I was going to see him after I came home from the animal hospital; sitting on his bed, eating from his food dish, following me around. The house feels empty, and strange as it sounds, my house has an echo now. I'm just not ready to deal with it.

I actually saw a post in the Deals forum about a sale at Summerblu and decided to buy an Ananas purse late last night. It looked cute and hopefully the leather is nice, never heard of the brand before. (I attached a pic.) It came up to about $140, and it's red. Since most of my purses are either black or brown, I'm hoping that maybe a dose of colour will perk me up. :shame:

I will take everyone's advice and take a rain check on finding a purse that makes my heart go thump and take some time to miss my little guy. Thanks again for all the touching posts. It means a lot. :heart: :yes:

Attachments

• AnanasFuroshikiCherry.jpg
    AnanasFuroshikiCherry.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 20
So sorry :sad: *hugs* It's a horrible thing to go through.
When we put my cat to sleep I went into depression for a long time. would just cry and not do anything.
It will all pass but your love and memories for your cat will remain.
Think about it this way. at least you were lucky to have him in your life :smile:
You have loads of wonderful memories. yes they hurt but you just need to hold onto the ones you love around you to help you through this time.
Best Wishes to you :flowers:

p.s. maybe it's best if you asked him to put the present on pause for a bit? cause I'm sure you will find something you really want in time :smile:
and he was a beautiful cat btw:heart:

So sorry for your loss. I had my precious Jinx for 21 years before I had to put him down. This was about 2 years ago. We think of him and talk about him all the time. They become such a huge part of your family. It's so hard to let them go.

Take the time you need to grieve and go shopping when you really feel up to it.

Take care.

So many of us know exactly how you feel. Very sorry to hear of your loss. It's heart breaking to lose a member of the family. I had to put my sweet girl kitty down a few years ago and just fell apart in the vet's office. Being new to the area I asked the doctor where I could adopt a cat later on when the time came again. She said they happened to have a rescue kitten of feral parents there awaiting adoption......she helped ease my grief and the rest is history. This cat is the sweetest most affectionate thing.

Take the time to get over this loss, maybe postpone the present until you're really up to it. It's an emotional time now. I'd wait of I were you. I'm sure everyone would understand. ((((((((HUGS))))))))

:heart:Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. :heart:When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. My wonderful sister-in-law is involved in Golden Retriever Rescue and has taken in many many wonderful dogs and has had to put many to sleep. She grieves for every single one of them, but she says they all "go over the rainbow bridge" to jump and play and run... All animals do.