Trashy?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I read recently a few minutes ago a post that went like this:

"Originally Posted by KittyKat65 [​IMG]
    Am I expected to believe that the woman aead of me in line at Starbucks wearing daisy dukes, filthy white Keds and a Guns'n'Roses t-shirt is carrying a genuine Gucci? Yes, this look was witnessed by me last week."

Well tomorrow I plan to wear a loose white v neck tee, denim shorts, pink crochet uggs, and my ATUTHENTIC Multicolore Speedy to a friend's party (it's at Minado buffet & then we are going to Dave & Busters...and afterwards maybe the city)...am I to believe that my look is trashy?

I like it personally and I feel very comfy in a tee shirt rather than a tight dress where I won't be able to eat alot..haha...what are your opinions?

Should wear something dressy instead?

THANKS SO MUCH!

love, YUMI

2. If you want to wear a dress there are many halter styles or empire where it's gathered under the bust and then you could feel comfortable eating.

3. It sounds fine to me.

4. #4 Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
    yes...I don't normally wear very loose dresses since I am a very petite person...and it may "swallow me up"...also..since it's a Japanese seafood buffet place...nice...but not so fancy...do you think I need to go as far as a dress?

5. I think it depends on how you're feeling that day and what you're going to do afterwards. I love dressing up, but sometimes if I'm out and after a restaurant we're going to hit a lot of other places then it's just more comfy to be in pants/shorts and something "cute" but casual, I think you know what I mean? And I don't think what you posted above is "trashy" at all.
    I'm sure you'll look great either way, it's about how you carry yourself and your confidence that really makes even a casual outfit look great!

6. thanks so much =D

7. you should wear WHATEVER makes you feel comfortable :smile: Don't worry about what other people say, I'm sure you will rock it girl.

8. I read that post too.

My first thought was what BS.

The second was..."that outfit sounds like it kind of rocks."

9. Hahaha!!!! I remember seeing that post too and thinking "So when I stop by the grocery store on the way home from the gym, in my yoga pants, sneakers and t-shirt, my YSL bag MUST be fake??!!"

10. You need to wear what YOU feel comfortable in, regardless of what other people may think. People will always talk smack and have opinions (whether negative or positive) about what you wear... that's just how it is, sadly. I would just wear something that a. flatters you b. represents your personal style and c. is appropriate for whatever you happen to be doing. It sounds like you have that covered, so no worries. :smile: A person could be decked out to the nines, but if they feel uncomfortable, they will look it... a big part of being stylish is feeling comfortable in your own skin. :smile:

11. I agree wear whatever you feel comfortable in! LOL I went to a BBQ the other day in a Herve Leger Gold Foil Dress and stilletos! i was wayyy too dressed up but I really wanted to wear my new HL dress!

12. LOL you are my hero >_<

also thanks to all the ladies for the support and help~!! When I read that...I was just a TAD ticked off =0

13. if you like it and that is your style, then own it and wear it!

14. What did you end up wearing? there is nothing wrong with it but personally I would have worn sandals instead of UGGs, which although not technically a winter boot, this is when most people wear them.