Trapped in the house? Have I got a story for you!

Love4MK

The Blonde Bag Lady
O.G.
Oct 3, 2010
Now, I know the phrase "It's funny" is never really used at appropriate times, but considering mom and I have been cooped up in this blizzard-laden house all day, the situation to us is, well, hilarious!

Let me begin ...

Last night, mom, my sister and myself all left the gym together in the same car. As we are leaving the parking lot and making way to the highway, I noticed movement outside and looked to find a tall, fairly young black male trying to open my car door. Now, at first my reaction is, the eff is happening?, but then it sank in, holy hell, he's trying to get in my door! Thank god my mom instilled in her kids to always lock the doors the first thing when you get in your car otherwise, who knows what would have happened! Mom was too busy looking at the traffic and chatting away that once we pulled out, I was like, "Did anybody else see that?!" Thankfully my sister had so I wasn't going crazy!

Now, here's the kicker!

Mom is driving a loaner car given to her from her man-friend to use in bad weather. Just a little while ago, mom and I had run outside to shovel some of the already piling snow and slush. We go in the house to see we have several missed calls from her man friend panic stricken ... Here's the juicy part. Turns out, the man trying to get into my car door had been stealing from the AT&T store right next to the gym and tried getting into our already moving vehicle to use as a GETAWAY CAR! It seems maybe an employee at the store wrote down the license plate number, type of car and color when he saw the guy trying to get in it thinking we were his getaway. Now thinking about it, if the doors weren't locked what would he have done? Grabbed me and tossed me to the cement forcing my mom to drive to the safe house with my sister in the back seat?!

The best part is, mom and I go outside to check to make sure the license plates matched and weren't switched and then we head back to the house to discover we were locked out! So here we are, two sopping females trying to break into a home with a "getaway car" next to us in the driveway!

Now, I know the situation isn't funny, but mom and I are going crazy while the weather outside keeps us barricaded in our house so we find the whole thing damn near hilarious. I think it's best to laugh about it rather than think about what could have transpired!

Now the next few days will be with detectives, police cars and reports! There is never a dull moment in this house ... especially during a blizzard!

Now, I know the phrase "It's funny" is never really used at appropriate times, but considering mom and I have been cooped up in this blizzard-laden house all day, the situation to us is, well, hilarious!

Let me begin ...

Last night, mom, my sister and myself all left the gym together in the same car. As we are leaving the parking lot and making way to the highway, I noticed movement outside and looked to find a tall, fairly young black male trying to open my car door. Now, at first my reaction is, the eff is happening?, but then it sank in, holy hell, he's trying to get in my door! Thank god my mom instilled in her kids to always lock the doors the first thing when you get in your car otherwise, who knows what would have happened! Mom was too busy looking at the traffic and chatting away that once we pulled out, I was like, "Did anybody else see that?!" Thankfully my sister had so I wasn't going crazy!

Now, here's the kicker!

Mom is driving a loaner car given to her from her man-friend to use in bad weather. Just a little while ago, mom and I had run outside to shovel some of the already piling snow and slush. We go in the house to see we have several missed calls from her man friend panic stricken ... Here's the juicy part. Turns out, the man trying to get into my car door had been stealing from the AT&T store right next to the gym and tried getting into our already moving vehicle to use as a GETAWAY CAR! It seems maybe an employee at the store wrote down the license plate number, type of car and color when he saw the guy trying to get in it thinking we were his getaway. Now thinking about it, if the doors weren't locked what would he have done? Grabbed me and tossed me to the cement forcing my mom to drive to the safe house with my sister in the back seat?!

The best part is, mom and I go outside to check to make sure the license plates matched and weren't switched and then we head back to the house to discover we were locked out! So here we are, two sopping females trying to break into a home with a "getaway car" next to us in the driveway!

Now, I know the situation isn't funny, but mom and I are going crazy while the weather outside keeps us barricaded in our house so we find the whole thing damn near hilarious. I think it's best to laugh about it rather than think about what could have transpired!

Now the next few days will be with detectives, police cars and reports! There is never a dull moment in this house ... especially during a blizzard!

hahahaha......
Good things nothing bad happens to u and family =) i will remind my self to lock my car now.
Thanks =)

In your story you never told me if you were black or white.

What difference could that make? I've considered a number of possibilities, and still don't get it.

a) the thief made a mistake? Because they are black he thought it was his buddies waiting for him?

b) Being black the police and detectives will cast a raised eyebrow hearing their story?

Ok, you get my point. Not trying to be combative, just don't get how color makes an ounce of difference.

Oh, and why didn't you ask if they were Asian?

I also thought this was a bit random, maybe Charles got offended that she made sure to describe the guy as 'black'... Thing is, she gave a full description of what this 'thief' looked like... I'm sure I would mention he was 'white' as well when describing a criminal... It's not like she said 'SOME BLACK GUY', no, she gave a full description... Young, tall.. Etc etc. People get way too sensitive and offended now-a-days.

What difference could that make? I've considered a number of possibilities, and still don't get it.

a) the thief made a mistake? Because they are black he thought it was his buddies waiting for him?

b) Being black the police and detectives will cast a raised eyebrow hearing their story?

Ok, you get my point. Not trying to be combative, just don't get how color makes an ounce of difference.

Oh, and why didn't you ask if they were Asian?

In your story you never told me if you were black or white.

I also thought this was a bit random, maybe Charles got offended that she made sure to describe the guy as 'black'... Thing is, she gave a full description of what this 'thief' looked like... I'm sure I would mention he was 'white' as well when describing a criminal... It's not like she said 'SOME BLACK GUY', no, she gave a full description... Young, tall.. Etc etc. People get way too sensitive and offended now-a-days.

Ahh, thanks. I never picked up on that because to me (as you suggested) the description was just that - a description. Had it been a closer face to face confrontation she might have said "Young, tall, white, blue eyes, wearing a Yankee cap, black pants, grey jacket". And it is sure to be part of the description she will be giving to the police a number of times.

I get it now.:biggrin:

Exactly, what difference does his color make? As if him being big AND black made him more scary. No need to mention his color. Simply that he was a big guy.
Some people don't think things like that matter, but they do. Yeah, if we were the police and we asked for a description, by all means, give his skin color, but recounting a story to friends doesn't require it.