Food Translating sago with coconut milk recipe from chinese to english

sw0pp

Jan 31, 2006
So I bought a DYI box with tapioca pearls and coconutmilk powder some months ago in Taiwan. The problem is the directions are in chinese and I'm unable to read chinese... Could someone translate them into English, just the most basic stuff so I know how much water to boil either pearls or powder with and for how long. Your help would be very appreciated since I don't wanna ruin the dessert by guessing amounts and time :smile:

Thank you in advance ladies!

DSC03204.JPG

So I bought a DYI box with tapioca pearls and coconutmilk powder some months ago in Taiwan. The problem is the directions are in chinese and I'm unable to read chinese... Could someone translate them into English, just the most basic stuff so I know how much water to boil either pearls or powder with and for how long. Your help would be very appreciated since I don't wanna ruin the dessert by guessing amounts and time :smile:

Thank you in advance ladies!

DSC03204.JPG

someone translated for me already :yahoo:, the thread can be closed

1. pour 6 cups of water(use rice measuring cup) into pot and bring to boil. Cook till 90% done, turn off heat and steep till fully transparent(careful not to overcook, will turn into pudding), drain and set aside.

Last edited:
3. Use 1 cup of water for the pack of coconut powder(approx 70 Centigrade)mix until fully melted, strain thru a fine mesh. Combine all ingredients into the simple sugar syrup, add heat and stir .. serve and enjoy.

Note: * in a gist .. can be enjoyed hot or chill and add diced fruit jello*

Hi Sw0op! Hope your tapioca came out good! FashionistaO is right, if you have, adding taro to coconut milk tapioca adds flavor/aroma and more for you to chew on. This has me really craving some chilled tapioca dessert with coconut milk and taro now!

simplygm819 .. me too but market didn't have taro today .. but found some organic japanese sweet potato .. even better .. the sweet potato tasted like chestnuts .. YUM .. many variations to this basic recipe .. cheers everyone^

thank you very much fashionistaO! I might buy that stuff again soon :smile:

the Sago came out well, unfortunately I don't know a place to get Taro in Vienna, but it was good nevertheless (here the restaurants give you Sago in watered down MILK! plain milk that has a slight hue of being rancid due to the water... urgh)

Wow..sounds like the restaurants there try to save money and get more out of their portions by watering down. :tdown: Sw0pp, there is actually a super simple recipe online that teaches you how to make your own tapioca. I tried out the recipe and it's awesome and easy to make, even for a newbie in the kitchen like me. Basically, the recipe only called for tapioca pearls, coconut milk, milk (optional) and sugar. I will post here tomorrow when I find the exact recipe for it!

Wow..sounds like the restaurants there try to save money and get more out of their portions by watering down. :tdown: Sw0pp, there is actually a super simple recipe online that teaches you how to make your own tapioca. I tried out the recipe and it's awesome and easy to make, even for a newbie in the kitchen like me. Basically, the recipe only called for tapioca pearls, coconut milk, milk (optional) and sugar. I will post here tomorrow when I find the exact recipe for it!

yeah those restaurants are the all you can eat type...
thank you the suggestion! My general problem is I can' find tapioca pearls in Austria, so I have to buy in Asia anyway