Transitioning to other brands from LV....which one?

ToriVega

Aug 27, 2012
In a few years, my main focus on my LV journey will come to an end. But I am not completely separating with it, its just that, it isnt my main focus or main motive in buying designer goodies. So these are the brands that I want to transition to:

Celine & Hermes

These two brands are the TRENDING labels of the 21st century.

CELINE

Celine had made its way to the top really well. So when I get to celine, my focus is the Trapeze and Trio, NOT the luggage. But maybe the nano or the micro. Its also easy to obtain their bags. The bags are also iconic and they do NOT go out of style.

HERMES

Otherwise if I transition to Hermes....its gonna be a long journey. But this is my dream brand...Its just that you gain few bags in really long periods of time. One, because of the waiting list, two, because of relationships you have to have with your SA in order to get bags fast, and three, the price. I'm not someone who can get a Kelly every month, not every year! Straight to the point, my problem with transitioning to Hermes is the length of time it takes to obtain one bag. And its going to take me 15 years to transition to another brand ( Chanel ) and in that 15 years are only 3-5 bags????? the heck.... I wont be that contented with 4 bags in 15 years. But Kellies are those bags that make my heart beat the fastest.....but yeah, sometimes I cant take the torture of making no designer purchases for a year.

Other premier designer brands suggestions are very welcome! A brand that I want to transition to has 1.) Iconic pieces ( like the speedy ) 2.) Trending Icon pieces ( Celine luggage ) 3.) Does not have many seasonal items ( Gucci has a lot of bags that they discontinue so only a handful staple pieces )

Brands that I wont transition to and why:

Burberry - No staple Pieces ( also same with Gucci as stated ^^ :smile:)
Balenciaga- Yes, perfect for collecting, but the styles are not me.
Chanel- Saving this when I am more, grown?
Dior- I do not feel that hype when collecting their bags.
Givenchy- This almost caught my eye...but ... they only have a few selections of bags. Pandora, Nightingale, Antigiona and thats it....I'm done! A bit boring for me. ( no offense to collectors out there! )
Mullberry- Does not make my heart beat.
Prada- Few staple pieces.
Proenza Schouler- The designs are not me...

Designers that are not for me when it comes to collections:
PHillip Lim, Alex. Wang, Ralph. L. Rebecca Minkoff, Tods, Valentino, YSL, Miu Miu, Marc Jacobs, Jimmy Choo, fendi, Chloe and Bottega Venetta. Also Coach? ( is that a premier designer? )

sorry If the too detailed post sounds really......you know....somewhat overly done? I just want to make things clear :smile:

Thank you for the answers! :biggrin:

It will be hard to answer your question because it's well, kind of vague. There are thousands of members of this forum with thousands of different opinions. It's a matter of which YOU prefer. It would probably be best to either browse online or a high end department store and see which designer jumps out at you!

Go to the brand that makes your heart sing.

For me it's Hermes, Chanel, Dior, YSL. Not everything but some pieces.
I also love things I buy during my travel. Beautiful bags from unknown to me designers from Spain, Turkey, Italy.

Dont ask for answers. Make your own.

Go to the brand that makes your heart sing.

For me it's Hermes, Chanel, Dior, YSL. Not everything but some pieces.
I also love things I buy during my travel. Beautiful bags from unknown to me designers from Spain, Turkey, Italy.

Dont ask for answers. Make your own.

I agree with this. People always are asking what bag to buy next on this forum and I always want to say, NONE! Don't buy anything until you know what you want. It's not a bad thing to save some money now and then, right?

But if you want an opinion, I vote for Hermes. You don't really need a lot of them from what I understand. Each bag will pretty much last a lifetime.

I agree with this. People always are asking what bag to buy next on this forum and I always want to say, NONE! Don't buy anything until you know what you want. It's not a bad thing to save some money now and then, right?

But if you want an opinion, I vote for Hermes. You don't really need a lot of them from what I understand. Each bag will pretty much last a lifetime.

I know. That's a weird question. You don't NEED a bag. You have one bag to carry your stuff? Thats enough. We don't need them we WANT them.
So don't buy anything if you don't want to.
There's no rule like everybody needs to have Hermes, Chanel, LV, Coach, Celine, otherwise you're damned forever.
Its easy. You want it, you can afford it, buy it.

I don't think you need to put all your eggs in one designer's basket. As mentioned above, go with what you like. Most designers have at least one classic or iconic style that is worth checking out. There are certain designers I gravitate to more as they most reflect my personal style, but I like experiencing a variety of designers - different leathers, craftsmanship, even service experience. It is a great big world of bags out there - sample around and see what sings to YOU, not what others think is 'appropriate' or in fashion.

Hmmm. For me I think the YSL muse and the MJ Stam are pretty iconic bags. Dior I feel is timeless. But really you have to go with what makes your heart skip a beat. Good luck

I know. That's a weird question. You don't NEED a bag. You have one bag to carry your stuff? Thats enough. We don't need them we WANT them.
So don't buy anything if you don't want to.
There's no rule like everybody needs to have Hermes, Chanel, LV, Coach, Celine, otherwise you're damned forever.
Its easy. You want it, you can afford it, buy it.

I think people get sort of "addicted" to the high that comes with getting a new bag. I know that was starting to happen to me. Or you see someone with a fabulous collection and suddenly everything you have seems inadequate...

Brands that I wont transition to and why:

Dior- I do not feel that hype when collecting their bags.

I feel like you're asking about which hype you want to buy into, not so much about things that attract you. This is not a satisfying approach, even though many of us have done the same. What is satisfying is finding your personal style, and the bag that reflects it.

Of course, you probably have definite ideas already: budget, ability to save vs. eager to spend now, whether you will buy a bag made outside France or Italy, neutrals vs. brights, things like that. Beyond that, the premium brands all have their followers. It's totally your call whether you feel right joining them.

Last edited:
Not sure what the question here is really..are you asking which to choose between Hermes and Celine? Because you've pretty much eliminated every other brand, at least that I'm aware of..

If you're dead set on continuing with one of those brands in the future, I would say begin the Hermes journey. No reason not to start building your reputation there, so to speak, if you wish to own a Kelly.

Are you asking for brands that you can look into? How about Ferragamo and Lanvin? I love the understated allure of these two, and also that they're at more moderate prices than the H or the Chanel. Some people also branch out Derek Lam, though his design's not for everyone. If none of these are for you, then maybe start saving for a Kelly that you're aiming for?

Since Hermes seems to be at the top of your future list then begin with one of their more cost efficient styles and work your way up. Any Hermes Veau Graine Coucherel saddle-style bag comes in a variety of colors and sets the stage for you to decide if this is the brand that spells out ‘you.’

It is easily recognizable by its initial perforated on the front exterior with small holes.