Tranquility Alley

I get that 'technologically challenged' part, for sure! They said they shipped my bag after I cancelled because the shipping department didn't see their "note".

Greendrv said:
While I haven't shopped with them, I do know that it's a brick and mortar store run by two or three elderly ladies. So their stuff is authentic, but they are older and a little flakey. Plus they are technically challenged, so there aren't so many digital pics of actual bags, just stock pics.

Nope, you are thinking of a different store. While this is a brick and mortar store, the owner, Anita is not old. Her and her husband own it, I believe. I think you are thinking of another store...baglady.com or something like that?

They are not authorized dealers...I have proof that the majority of the items in her store were purchased off of ebay.

Trust me, stay away. :evil:

Issmom said:
I get that 'technologically challenged' part, for sure! They said they shipped my bag after I cancelled because the shipping department didn't see their "note".

Issmom...I so wanted to go into that store when I was visiting IL. I would have loved to give them a challenge. :smile:

We ran out of time so I didn't get to drop in.

Bjara said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Anyone remember a few weeks back when I was asking about the time frame for a refund to be credited back to my cc? It was them.

I received a IF Quilty Pleasure hobo from them with cat hair inside the bag and inside the sleeper...they had put a blueberry candle inside of the shipping box....so the bag smelled like blueberries.

It took many, many emails to them, contacting my credit card and a whole lot of stress to finally get my money back last week, via a check, and this has been going on since Thanksgiving. Not sure if it has cleared yet....

You can't reach them by phone....and they make promises on refunds that they don't keep.

I wanted to alert you all....but I wanted to wait until the transaction was completed before I did.

Stay away. Trust me.

Geesh, they are such loons over there.

Keep in mind that I had already contacted my cc for a dispute wayyyyyy before TA got around to sending me overnight fedex a check to cover my balance. (Well over 6 weeks after original transaction)
When I filed the dispute, my cc deducted that amount ($1718.00) from my statement.
So, I deposited their check on the 10th of this month...and wanted to wait at least 4-5 days to make sure it cleared before I paid my cc bill.
It cleared...so I tried to pay my cc bill online the beginning of last week...but my balance was a lot less $ than what I was trying to pay in order to cover the disputed amount. CC online wouldn't let me give them that much of a payment.

So I called cc co. to tell them to add it back on...they said it would take a few days for it to reflect back onto my statement, and to wait and then my payment should go through fine.

This past Saturday I got THE SNOTTIEST sounding message on my recorder from TA.com..."As you know you were reimbursed with a company check delivered via Fedex...check has been signed and cleared by YOU, ya da ya da... you need to call us IMMEDIATELY to clear this up."

Uh yeah, that's just what I want to do....make a long distance call to them for their original screw up. :wacko: But I did.

That same day, I also got an email from them stating that I caused them to be charged "twice!!!" by their merchant services. Uh no, they chose to send the check, and not credit my cc from the beginning...did they really think that I was just going to let my long awaited refund ride for a while?? LOL

What a flippin' hassle this all has been...never, ever again will I shop at that place.

Let their Ebay auction items that they won be bought by someone else. :evil:

amanda said:
they have a fake ivory paddy on their website. or at least the pic is of a fake. i've seen the pic on ebay a bunch. :-/ i'm not impressed.

Doesn't surprise me...email them and tell them....I wonder what they'll say. I would but they probably have my email blocked from their system by now. :P

we need a Purse Forum Black List.

brick and mortar stores, online retailers, ebay sellers - i think it would be good to have a guide of people that we've had unreasonably bad experiences with/gotten a fake from/etc

ayla said:
Wow Bjara, that's a terrible story. I think we need to make a list of not recommended retailers.

Well, sadly this is still going on. I got two emails tonight from TA.com regarding what has been said on this blog about them. They notified me that they will be commenting on my posts, and what falso information I have provided.:wacko:

I am not elaborating, as I am awaiting a response from Megs and Vlad about how to proceed with updating you all. Feel free to PM for any info.

Bjara said:
Well, sadly this is still going on. I got two emails tonight from TA.com regarding what has been said on this blog about them. They notified me that they will be commenting on my posts, and what falso information I have provided.:wacko:

I am not elaborating, as I am awaiting a response from Megs and Vlad about how to proceed with updating you all. Feel free to PM for any info.

ugh. just what we need...more store owners trying to defend their bad service/terrible products

Bjara said:

Sure, let them make their point. We won't keep them from stating their side of the story. This might just get quite interesting.

amanda said:
we need a Purse Forum Black List.

brick and mortar stores, online retailers, ebay sellers - i think it would be good to have a guide of people that we've had unreasonably bad experiences with/gotten a fake from/etc
Most definitely, we have to start compiling a list like that. It'll get its own dedicated forum, too.