Traffic court...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i've been to traffic court once...i have an SUV with a V8 and a lead foot...65 in a 45...

the only part that was a little creepy was that the judge told us (traffic court is usually held in a big group, there'll be a lot of other people there) that we were being arraigned. i never, in my entire life, though that i would be arraigned for something! but my offense didn't require me to appear before the judge (i thought it did because it would have if i was in one of the 8 metro-Atlanta counties, the traffic laws if you're under 21 are more strict there. i was in Athens-Clarke, so that law didn't apply), i just paid my fine and left, they should let you know if that's the situation.

and honestly, i wasn't impressed with the type of people that were there, you're probably going to be the most responsible-looking one, so just tell the truth and get a lawyer if you need on and you should be fine.

2. witlessz, I was cruising along the highway when this cop pulled in in front of me from the right lane and then turn his lights & sirene on. Then he started driving on 3 lanes (eventually 6 lanes, after the merge) at once. I didn't know at the time that this is what cops do in CA to stop traffic. But anyways, regardless, I slowed down and followed other cars, and this goes on for a good 10 mins. Eventually he stopped on the rightmost lane, and people driving besides me starts to pass. I followed traffic and slowly moved up (still behind other cars that passed earlier). The next thing I know that cop was behind me and pulled me over, apparently I tried to "pass him on the left side" and gave me a ticket after harrassing me about whether I can read and whether I knew the difference between a postal truck, ice cream truck, and CHP car :cry:

3. I've been to traffic court a few times in the past.... And I have a Master's Degree in Traffic Safety School ;). Don't worry about it, nobody is going to abuse a first timer. At my worst (more than ten years ago), I had three tickets in one year, nobody in the court even blinked. Just got my first ticket since 1995 a few months ago.... :suspiciou

4. As a teen I was a traffic court regular...I've since changed my ways. The judge may offer traffic school even if you haven't gone yet...if the judge offers that option...go! I swear I've been 3 or 4 times.