Trading up!

Emma4790

Dec 25, 2010
Hi ladies!
First I wanna say "Hi, I'm Emma and I'm a Mulberryholic"! I'm usually over on the Louboutin section so you probs haven't seen me round here before.
Anyway, here's my question.... I've been carrying my chocolate bayswater for a little over a year now and since I'm such a fickle pickle I'm getting a little bored with her. She is beautiful and still holds a place in my heart but I just don't love her anymore. I'm afraid to say she is ebay bound.... I need something to replace her (replace is such an ugly word). I don't fancy paying full price and my gorgeous SA has hinted to me what she thinks will make the boxing day sale... so out of these three bags, which do you think is more "everyday-glam"??

Ps. I've never been to a Mulberry concession sale before; what can I expect? I was told to get there at about 8am and to expect a bit of a pushy queue... which is cool, but should I expect serious competition? Am I gonna have to fight for my bag? ::wondering

I think you should keep the chocolate and get the red onion. The classic colours will definitely hit £700 plus soon and you will probably get bored of using one colour. Mix and match with them both!

I say keep the choc and get the red onion too - it's classic enough that it won't date too quickly and will look great during the day. I agree that the bronze is a bit blingy for everyday use and the sparkle tweed will wear quickly.

Hi Emma, I have a complete crush on all things CL too :biggrin:. As for the Bays my vote is definitely for the red onion, it's so gorgey IRL... I would worry how the grey sparkle tweed would wear and the gold is too blingy for the day time IMO. I hate to be boring but I think I would also keep the choc as it's such a classic and you may well use it again in the future. If you're not into the pushy shovey sales you could try the .com or other Mulberry stockists which should have the same sale discounts as the stores.

I say keep the choc and get the red onion too - it's classic enough that it won't date too quickly and will look great during the day. I agree that the bronze is a bit blingy for everyday use and the sparkle tweed will wear quickly.

This is a lovely comment, just according to your name, OBTM :P
That said: I agree with your words.

I agree with all the girls above. I'd get the red onion and keep the chocolate because it's classic and will always look amazing. I'd skip out of the sparkle tweed only because it has a history on here of wearing quickly and it sounds like you want this bag as an everyday bag. I'd also skip the bronze because IMO it is quite flashy for daily use. Can't wait to see what you decide!

I agree, don't get rid of your chocolate one! You know you love her so much and I reckon you will go back to her eventually, if you are like me and your mind changes a lot, I sort of go on rotations where I like something, get a bit bored, put it in storage and then I come back to it some months down the line and fall in love all over again and wonder why I ever put it in storage in the first place. I think you might regret selling it. I vote for getting the Red Onion one too! The Sparkle Tweed, like mentioned, does rub off easy and stain easy, I have Sparkle Tweed and it's not an everyday durable bag at all, it's a special occasion delicate one. I also think the gold is a little too flashy, it wont match many of your clothes and it's more of a festive colour rather than a practical one so I vote Red Onion! And I used to frequent the CL section all the time too but I ventured here a while ago and sort of stay here now, ha ha!

I agree with LornaLou. Ofcourse you can always buy a chocolate one back, but the Mulberry bags of today tend to be of a lesser quality. So it may be better (if you can afford to keep it) just to stock the chocolate. I am quite sure you will get back to her in a couple of month.