Tradesy seller's reputation

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    What if a listing is returned, will it be marked as Sold or Not available?

If the seller wants to list it again, will Tradesy let the seller use the old listing to relist or, a new listing is required? Or seller gets the money, and Tradesy list it again?

The reason is because without seller Rating/Reviews, it's hard to figure out the seller's reputation.

2. #2 Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    There are no feedbacks from buyers and sellers on Tradesy like EBay. I think that is a good thing. I have never gotten a return on Tradesy, so I don't know what it states just after a return. Yes, the seller can use the same listing or create a new one if they want to sell a bag that got returned. Buyers can use the same listing the seller used to sell the purse to them. A returned bag does not need a new listing unless it got damaged. The buyer can ask the seller questions to help them learn more about the seller and look at past bags sold by the seller.

3. Is this a must or optional? Can seller close the old listing, then start a new one?

eBay has the listing published date, so we can know how long the listing has been online, if it's been online too long and still not sold, then there must be some reasons, and people will be less likely to buy it. Tradesy, however, does not have this information. And sometimes when sorting listing by Newly Listed first, there are still some very old listing showing up in the front page(you can tell by the listing IDs).

4. Yes a buyer can sort by newly listed. A seller is not obligated to use the old listing. They can use a new listing. I have to say a buyer can miss out on some good bags thinking that bags that have not sold quickly are faulty. Some bags just don't sell quickly for many reasons like where the bag is placed in the search.

5. I have things listed that I refuse to accept lower offers for. They can sit there til the cows come home for all I care.

SweetDaisy05 likes this.
  6. Technically yes, a seller can relist something. Personally I don't have the patience to do so, and I normally slash prices to a point I'm comfortable with. I have sold dozens of items on Tradesy with no issue thus far, knock on wood.

7. #7 Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    You got me laughing with this post. :lol: I do the same. I won't accept an offer that is a well-used price on a pristine bag.

Bags will sell when the right buyer finds it. I have seen defective bags sell before pristine. The mindsets of the buyers determine how they shop. They could be looking to buy cheap, their price range only, the best, and other things I can't think of :lol:. There are many variables why things sell fast or slow. It matters who is looking and when. I have just remembered a buyer saying on this sub-forum that he recommended buying from sellers with old listing. He wanted to buy for dirt cheap prices on great condition bags. :annoyed: :lol: He created a thread on it. Most sellers know what's up with this type of buyers though. However, some sellers don't mind selling cheap. They just want some money and get rid of the item. :smile:

8. That's interesting.

9. Yep, it was interesting. That approach will annoy some sellers, but it works on the desperate for money sellers.