Tradesy Buyer/Seller Beware List

I have done the same with Fashionphile; I like the fact that they just buy the bag .. I may be weird, but once I decide that I want to sell something, it's already 'gone' in my book and I just want some $$$! However, I have heard that since the announcement re: Fashionphile teaming up with Neiman Marcus, that they have been inundated with merchandise and that getting a quote is taking a lot longer than it used to .. just sayin'!
Yes I’m the same. If I’m going to sell it, I want it gone ASAP and I want my money ASAP and I never want to see that item ever again. Lol

I’ve been wanting to make an appointment to see how much they would give me for some of my items. I think that if you actually go there, they’ll give you a quote on the spot.

After growing sick of EBay’s the buyer is always right, their 20% commission charge. The 10% PayPal commission on top ( in the UK the only other option to accept payment other than PayPal is C.O.D) and their 6 month return window so you can never truly relax for half a year with your money from the sale.
I decided to try Facebook Market Place and a selling page on Instagram. I stipulated in my adverts that my preference was for a bank transfer , but I would accept PayPal if the buyer paid the 10% commission, and the items would be sent out fully tracked and insured.
So far I have sold three items, between £750 and £1050 all three buyers have opted for the bank transfer.
I was actually surprised how quickly they sold.

Reactions: threadbender
So sick of eBay's policies and Tradesy too...never tried Facebook, but would imagine it is more risky? Anyway I have since tried seling my Hermes on Fashionphile and x- both sites had great customer service and reasonable offers.

Facebook and Instagram if you request a bank transfer before posting, there is very little risk to the seller, a bank transfer is just like giving over cash, there is no way to recall it. There is obviously a major risk to the buyer, however I try to make sure that I contact them at every stage of the process to ensure they are fully informed and to put their minds at rest.

Last edited by a moderator: