Trades?

KoobaLuvR

Feb 10, 2009
A girl is offering her Marc Jacobs Carmen bag to trade on Craigslist and she likes my distressed Winter White Dior Gaucho. Should I trade? I'll be honest. I like my Dior, but don't know what to do? Mine is 100% authentic and she is claiming that hers is as well. Would you pick the MJ Carmen over the Dior Gaucho...I guess this is a biased forum, but I never purchased a MJ bag. The color is red. Let me know what you guys think.

is this the bag you're talking about?

if so, i'd keep the gaucho. even though i love mj, i can't say i'm a fan of this design. you can ask the seller for pics and post them in the authenticate this marc jacobs thread above if you're worried about whether or not it's real. good luck with your decision.

then don't trade!
Seriously, I'd only trade with people I somehow "know", i.e. someone from PF who is trustworthy. Not some random person on Craigslist.
Plus, you don't sound like you want to trade. Keep your Dior and save up for the bag you really want, the Faridah. :yes:

I have the carmen in this color. It's a nice bag and I get compliments when I wear it. The pockets on the side are too small to be very useful. I got it for 70% off. I think you should keep your dior, because your know it's authentic and I think of the gaucho as a classic/iconic dior style.

I think you should keep the Dior as well. I agree with it being classi/iconic style. I also think the Dior holds it's value better (not that that would really matter if you LOVED the MJ-which it doesn't sound like you do). I think you should hold out for the bag of your dreams and in th meantime hold onto your Dior:smile:

I've never seen a fake Carmen before... it was not a popular enough style for the fakers to catch on to. In any case, I would keep the Dior... that's definitely a classic and it sounds like you're having separation anxiety.