Food Trader Joe's Salmon Patties.....Recipes?

Bay

O.G.
Feb 7, 2007
No sorry..I buy pink salmon in a pack and follow the recipe o the back :P I know it involes red bellpepper and green onion :P

Kitsunegrl

Fill the Giant Pig!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Cajun Country
You purchased pre-made patties?

I usually make them "fresh" with the canned salmon that you flake yourself. 1 can, 1 egg, 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Form into 4-6 patties, roll in bread crumbs. Let sit 5 minutes. Fry in butter 4-5 minutes each side.

Serve with a salad with lemony dill vinaigrette and crusty bread!

ProfNot

Sylvie Guillem fan
O.G.
May 10, 2006
danceland
Are you looking for ways to dress them up or for sauces / dips for them?

If so, I like these as sauces/dips -
*Small jar of roasted red bell pepper. Drained. Processed in food processor.
*Real mayo mixed with dijon and a bit of lemon.
*Mayo and fresh lemon only.
*Dijon only.

I make my own salmon cakes, too. I saute diced red bell pepper with diced green onions. Then add to a bowl with Kitsunegrl's ingredients plus a bit of dijon and lemon. I bake mine rather than fry for lower fat.

And I only use top quality canned salmon from the fish store. HUGE difference! Cooking raw salmon and then making cakes would be even better but I am lazy.

Jul 30, 2008
We get those TJ's salmon patties. They are not like salmon cakes with all the fillers, they are just plain salmon shaped into a burger shape, right?

We grill them, then eat them on a bun with mayo, wasabi, and avocado on it. Side of Asian style cole slaw and sometimes sweet potato oven-fries if we feel like it. Nice easy weeknight meal.

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
Are you looking for ways to dress them up or for sauces / dips for them?

If so, I like these as sauces/dips -
*Small jar of roasted red bell pepper. Drained. Processed in food processor.
*Real mayo mixed with dijon and a bit of lemon.
*Mayo and fresh lemon only.
*Dijon only.

I make my own salmon cakes, too. I saute diced red bell pepper with diced green onions. Then add to a bowl with Kitsunegrl's ingredients plus a bit of dijon and lemon. I bake mine rather than fry for lower fat.

And I only use top quality canned salmon from the fish store. HUGE difference! Cooking raw salmon and then making cakes would be even better but I am lazy.
I do this w/ tuna at times. The same toppings work well w/ tuna and you can serve as is w/ toppings or as a sandwich.