Trade in Program

As I understand it, you can't use the credit towards a bag on sale, but let's say the MSRP of the bag was $428 and it's on sale for $350 the full $214 won't work?
Do you mean trading in a bag that is on sale? hmmm, good question. I would call Dooney to ask, but if the trade in is reduced, I would wait until the bag is not on sale.

As I understand it, you can't use the credit towards a bag on sale, but let's say the MSRP of the bag was $428 and it's on sale for $350 the full $214 won't work?
It should work as the bag won't be on sale at all, toward the full price, I think. My logic is kind of this-they already put those bags on sale, so they are getting rid off them, the quicker the better.

The trade in amount is based on the original retail value of the bag as established by Dooney. It doesn't matter if it was ever on sale; that does not affect the trade in.

I get that the trade in value is the retail price. But when purchasing can you use that trade in value to buy a bag on sale (thus getting more bang for your buck) or would it not credit the full trade in? Maybe I'm just being confusing!

I get that the trade in value is the retail price. But when purchasing can you use that trade in value to buy a bag on sale (thus getting more bang for your buck) or would it not credit the full trade in? Maybe I'm just being confusing!

You have to buy a full-price bag with a trade in; they won't let you use it on a sale bag.

I don't know if this will help, but I have used the trade-in-program six times. Today, I had a credit for $194.00. With a credit of $194.00, the CS rep stated it would be best to try and pick an item as close to $388.00 as possible. Because the item was not at least 2X (or more) the trade-in-credit amount, I was charged $194.00. It is a little more confusing if you buy something less expensive. If my math is correct, I lost $20.00 in credit, by purchasing a less expensive item.

I don't know if this will help, but I have used the trade-in-program six times. Today, I had a credit for $194.00. With a credit of $194.00, the CS rep stated it would be best to try and pick an item as close to $388.00 as possible. Because the item was not at least 2X (or more) the trade-in-credit amount, I was charged $194.00. It is a little more confusing if you buy something less expensive. If my math is correct, I lost $20.00 in credit, by purchasing a less expensive item.

I forgot to point out the bag I purchased was $368.00, this is the reason I lost $20.00 in credit.

gabby: it's a little confusing. You get a credit for half the original retail value of the handbag you send in for trade. That credit is deducted from the full price of the new bag you select as long as the new bag is at least the same full price as the trade bag. Then shipping and tax are added.

But if the new bag is less expensive than the trade bag, you will lose part of the trade in credit. On the new bag you will always pay at least half of the full price, never less.