tracking shows pkg delivered but buyer claims pkg was never received?

Buyer has over 100 positive feedbacks.

Package was shipped from Canada to U.S.

Item was shipped on the same day auction ended and tracking showed package delivered in 4 days (on dec 23rd), buyer contacts me yesterday saying item never received. after i showed her the tracking info (which is also visible to her) she asks me for proof of delivery (i.e. signature).

I have opened a case with Canada post yesterday. When I asked the rep for a signature, rep said Canada Post should be able to provide it. This has never happened before where a buy claims package wasn't delivered even though tracking shows otherwise. :sad:

Sorry to hear this. I'm actually on the other side of the fence. I'm a buyer whom has never received her package, however, USPS states on delivery confirmation that it was delivered.

From what I hear from other members with more ebay experience is that if the SELLER does not have sig confirmation on an item worth over 250, then they are breaking an ebay rule.

Some of the ladies here will be chiming in soon enough to give you more information.

If the item was $250+, Paypal requires signature confirmation to be eligible for seller protection. If the item is less than that and USPS says delivered, the buyer is SOL. Paypal will rule in seller's favor if a case is opened.

If the item was $250+, Paypal requires signature confirmation to be eligible for seller protection. If the item is less than that and USPS says delivered, the buyer is SOL. Paypal will rule in seller's favor if a case is opened.

Untrue. If the item is worth two cents Paypal requires signature confirmation in order to be eligible for seller protection.

No matter the value, ALWAYS use signature confirmation.

Untrue. If the item is worth two cents Paypal requires signature confirmation in order to be eligible for seller protection.

No matter the value, ALWAYS use signature confirmation.

For orders under $250, no signature is required; you only need to show delivery:

"If you're responding to an "item not received" claim or chargeback, you'll need to provide Proof of Delivery from a shipping company that meets the following conditions:
  • It shows the status as delivered.
  • It confirms the date the order was delivered.
  • It includes the recipient's address, including a minimum of the city & state, city & country or zip/postal code (or equivalent).
  • For payments of $250 USD (or local currency equivalent) or more, it includes proof of the recipient's signature to confirm delivery."

For orders under $250, no signature is required; you only need to show delivery:

"If you're responding to an "item not received" claim or chargeback, you'll need to provide Proof of Delivery from a shipping company that meets the following conditions:
  • It shows the status as delivered.
  • It confirms the date the order was delivered.
  • It includes the recipient's address, including a minimum of the city & state, city & country or zip/postal code (or equivalent).
  • For payments of $250 USD (or local currency equivalent) or more, it includes proof of the recipient's signature to confirm delivery."

Every Paypal rep/supervisor I have ever spoken to has confirmed otherwise. But, ehem, we know how well versed Paypal is with their own corporate policies.... .:graucho:

I've been on the buyer's end of this situation. Does she live in an apartment complex or some other development with a community mailbox? If so, her doorman or complex office person could have it. In one case, I had two separate packages tracked as delivered but not in my possession (and time of delivery was some morning hour during which my mail lady would never have showed up). One angry phone call to the post office and one weeklong spring break trip home later, I returned to find the packages conveniently on my doorstep. So the buyer might need to contact her PO about this one.

OP, how much was the total amount of the purchase, including shipping?

Just for the record, I've had buyers claim not to have received an item and when I provide them with the proof of delivery (date and time with link to USPS), I never hear from them again.

The fact that this buyer mentioned "signature" tells me that the seller may not have gotten s.c. and the buyer seems to be aware of the requirement.

If your buyer files an Item not received claim, eBay will undoubtedly find in her favor and stick you with the bill for the refund. In the end all that counts is that you as the seller are responsible in getting the item to her, regardless of $ value. That's why all experienced sellers now only ship with signature confirmation. I would suggest you send her the tracking number and hole for the best!
Good luck.

I've been on the buyer's end of this situation. Does she live in an apartment complex or some other development with a community mailbox? If so, her doorman or complex office person could have it. In one case, I had two separate packages tracked as delivered but not in my possession (and time of delivery was some morning hour during which my mail lady would never have showed up). One angry phone call to the post office and one weeklong spring break trip home later, I returned to find the packages conveniently on my doorstep. So the buyer might need to contact her PO about this one.

nope, she lives in a house.