Tracking says Delivered to another State!

omgsweet

Apr 2, 2007
I bought something on ebay on April 1st. I'm not sure when the seller sent it because she didn't send me the tracking number until today. I had to send her 4 emails for it! The tracking number says Your item was delivered at 10:37 PM on April 10, 2009 in ATLANTA, GA 30320.

I do not live in GA.

So, I email the seller and ask her if she sent me the wrong tracking number. She responds telling me that she just called USPS and they do not update over the weekend but that my package will arrive on Tuesday.

That answer doesn't make any sense to me. In my experience, once the tracking says it has been delivered, thats the end of that.

Is it time to open a dispute? I don't want the jump the gun here.

AmourCouture

AmourAuthentic
Apr 2, 2008
:shocked: How frustrating.

I am guessing your seller got your tracking number switched with someone elses.
I would wait until Tuesday and if it doesn't arrive you can file an INR report.

Hopefully it was just a mixup. I wish some sellers had better communication :Push:.

omgsweet

Apr 2, 2007
I sure hope that is the case.

I emailed her asking her why the tracking says it has been delivered in GA. Either its the wrong one or the item really was sent to GA. I want her to tell me that its the wrong tracking number! But she doesn't seem to want to tell me that. So now I'll just have to worry until Tuesdsay.

Ellie Mae

Peace B with U
May 24, 2008
Been there, done this. Your seller may have sent you a wrong tracking or USPS may be on the fritz AGAIN.
And really, I do not know how USPS manages to let this happen. Several months ago, I sent a pkg to the UK. 2 days later, it says DELIVERED in Colorado. I had a fit. Thankfully my buyer had a sense of humor. I called USPS and initiated an investigation, and after a few days, the tracking got back on track. And the problem ended up being that my pkg had 3 #'s. An Express Mail #, and Ins #, and a Customs Form #. And somehow, someone in Colo was also issued the same Express #.
The pkg DID get there, so just keep checking your tracking and call USPS on Monday and ask them to investigate. So, don't panic yet. Your seller may have made a mistake, OR USPS may have screwed up yet again.

omgsweet

Apr 2, 2007
Thank you Ellie! That makes me feel so much better! I will check it again on Monday and hopefully it was just a USPS problem.

My seller didn't have anything else up for sale around the time that I bought my item. So I doubt there was another tracking number for her to accidently give me.

Ellie Mae

Peace B with U
May 24, 2008
Well.. imagine MY suprise when my bag to the UK was said to be in Colorado!
AND it was signed for! I still have NO CLUE. But I would have been SCREWED had my buyer filed an INR.
Sadly, the tracking likely won't change until MONDAY night... as it updates at night. But check it tomorrow and Monday anyway.
Call USPS and start an investigation if it does not update by Monday. I think they can see things we cannot! It's a LONG convoluted process to get thru all of their automated BS, but once I got thru, the agent I got was nice and very helpful.

peachi521

Jun 24, 2008
USPS was going bonkers (at least for me) all day yesterday. I kept getting error messages and the website kept freezing up.

A seller also shipped me an item on April 8 and the package kept showing up as "there is no record of this number." I was freaking out but trying to remain calm... I randomly checked late last night and USPS says "Your item was delivered at 9:55am." Keep in mind, I had checked all day yesterday and it kept giving me "there is no record..." So yeah, USPS is funky.

I would follow the advice in this thread and keep an eye out... good luck :smile:

omgsweet

Apr 2, 2007
The tracking hasn't changed. I can't get her to answer any of my questions. I want to know the exact day she sent it and from what state.

I know she is sorry and I don't blame her for a USPS mistake. I just wish she'd give me answers. Here was her response to my last message.

"Okay i am really sorry, this really has not happened before and it is kinda bull **** an i am sorry. I will be on the phone with them first thing in the morning... i am SO sorry!"

She sent me that last night and I haven't heard from her since.

I just hope it comes tomorrow!

Sep 13, 2007
This happened to me. My package ended up delivered in another state. The seller had written the wrong zip code on the box. Fortunately she was nice and super efficient. She stormed down to her post office and raised a stink. They found the package--it was in an undeliverable bin on the other side of the country--and it was delivered to me the next day! This is why I always pay for insurance on the package. Stuff like this happens. All I can say is...bug your seller. It's her responsibility to get you the package. If she doesn't file a Paypal charge-back.

omgsweet

Apr 2, 2007
So the package did not arrive today. The seller sent me a message saying that she called an 800 number and the automated thing told her that the bag was delivered. I called the same number and it does say it was delivered but it doesnt say where. So my husband went to the post office and it wasn't there. A lady at the post office said it could be lost but since the tracking shows delivered a claim cannot be filed. I'm not sure the seller insured it anyways.

The seller sounds very sorry about the whole thing so I don't blame her for this at all.

If it doesn't arrive tomorrow then I will an INR. Hopefully we will both be covered by paypal for this.

Izznit

haha no.
Aug 2, 2007
I shipped something and even with tracking, it was delivered to another city! The tracking said 'delivered' and my customer was luckily very understanding. Like you said, there was nothing the post office could do as it did say, 'delivered'... we both just got unlucky with a dishonest recipient!

omgsweet

Apr 2, 2007
I shipped something and even with tracking, it was delivered to another city! The tracking said 'delivered' and my customer was luckily very understanding. Like you said, there was nothing the post office could do as it did say, 'delivered'... we both just got unlucky with a dishonest recipient!

Did you have to refund your buyer? How did it turn out in the end?

Ellie Mae

Peace B with U
May 24, 2008
So the package did not arrive today. The seller sent me a message saying that she called an 800 number and the automated thing told her that the bag was delivered. I called the same number and it does say it was delivered but it doesnt say where. So my husband went to the post office and it wasn't there. A lady at the post office said it could be lost but since the tracking shows delivered a claim cannot be filed. I'm not sure the seller insured it anyways.

The seller sounds very sorry about the whole thing so I don't blame her for this at all.

If it doesn't arrive tomorrow then I will an INR. Hopefully we will both be covered by paypal for this.

Oh lord... EVERYONE needs to use SIG confirm.... becuz of issues like this. What was the price OMGsweet?