Track your returns to Neiman Marcus!

Lola

O.G.
Jan 11, 2006
I don't know what is going on with NM lately--I've had a couple bad experiences with them and now I have another one to report. I returned an item to them at their store. I check my credit card statement a month later and the return never posted. I immediately called my credit card company (AMEX) to see if maybe it is processing but it was never received. The return was made over a month ago!! :confused1: :nogood:If I hadn't checked my credit card statement, I would have paid for something I returned. I immediately filed a case with AMEX and faxed them a copy of my return receipt.

I always thought returns were all done in the system with computers so that mistakes like this can't happen but I think there is an issue with Neiman's system. Lesson learned: always check to make sure your returns are credited back!!

I was so excited to get my shoes and didn't bother to check my receipt. A month later I checked my receipt and they charged me $22 for shipping when I used a free shipping code. I called and got the shipping credited. ARGH!

Check receipts and credits. I'll be checking my next statement for the $22 credit.

Thank you for reminding me, I am sending back my damaged handbag to NM.

After this last pesonal experience and reading about yours, I'm wondering if it is worth the trouble ordering from NM.

At this time, with the economy as slow as it is and we are still willing to shop, you would think customer service would bend over backwards to keep us as customers.

Seriously, there are way too many stores that take the customer for granted.

I had some returns took like a month and a half before I got credit for one on the credit card. The other I paid with a gift card took about 2 1/2 months to get a card in the mail for a credit.

I honestly think that maybe the sales person didn't process the return because she didn't want to lose her commission. Maybe she was hoping I wouldn't check. Now I've filed complaint with my credit card, NM will probably have to pay the chargeback fee. I will never again shop at NM!! Shady, shady, shady.....