"Trachten" style

Notorious Pink

f/k/a BBC
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
New York
So here I am away with my family for a week skiing in Austria and I am absolutely falling in love with the traditional clothing styles. There is a fabulous boutique called Strolz in town and it has immediately become my favorite store ever - like Gorsuch but times ten. In fact, Gorsuch does carry a few of the Austrian designers but a very tiny selection of what is produced.

I would love to find some resources in the USA for being able to obtain these same or similar designers....I am writing down every label I see but most are available only locally.

These include:
Habsburg
Susanne Spatt
Mothwurf
Wallmann
William Sharp
Fusalp

Can anyone help?

Passerine123

Sep 21, 2014
Europe
Mothwurf has an online shop:
http://shop.mothwurf.com/

I find a little trachtenmode goes a long way...one or two items can be statement pieces. Wear too much and unless it's in your DNA -- that is, you grew up wearing it -- you can easily slip over into looking like you're just wearing a costume. Also, be careful about mixing styles -- the trachtenmode of Austrian regions is different from Bavaria, which is turn different from a Swiss style and so on.

Notorious Pink

f/k/a BBC
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
New York
Mothwurf has an online shop:
http://shop.mothwurf.com/

I find a little trachtenmode goes a long way...one or two items can be statement pieces. Wear too much and unless it's in your DNA -- that is, you grew up wearing it -- you can easily slip over into looking like you're just wearing a costume. Also, be careful about mixing styles -- the trachtenmode of Austrian regions is different from Bavaria, which is turn different from a Swiss style and so on.
Thanks so much, Passerine123. Yes, I saw Mothwurf has an online shop, I am hoping to find brick-and-mortar stores in the US, or even US online retailers.

I don't want to go too trachten - I bought a gorgeous white shirt with standup collar and am wearing it already. I'm looking for styles that aren't costume-y...like those suede jackets with the buttons and standup collars, perhaps a vest. Gorsuch is fine for shirts (I think mine is Wallmann, gorgeous with metallic trim and not very expensive). Some, like William Sharp, are really just generic (crystal embellished cashmere) but go with everything and not really available in NY.