Tracey Morgan

Walmart blames Tracy Morgan for not wearing seatbelt

The legal battle between Tracy Morgan and Walmart over a calamitous collision with a Walmart truck earlier this year is not going to be resolved amicably or soon, judging from the latest legal maneuvers.
Walmart is blaming Morgan for his own injuries in the crash, claiming he was not wearing a seatbelt in the New Jersey Turnpike collision in June that killed one man and left the 30 Rock comedian/actor and others badly injured.
Morgan and others hurt in the crash are suing Walmart in federal court, accusing the corporate giant of negligence for allegedly allowing the truck driver to drive hundreds of miles while fatigued.
The collision is still under investigation by the Department of Transportation and Walmart isn't answering that charge until it's finished. The driver of the Walmart truck has pleaded not guilty to vehicular homicide and assault by auto.
But in court papers on Monday the company asserted, among other defenses, that Morgan's injuries "were caused, in whole or in part, by plaintiffs' failure to properly wear an appropriate available seatbelt restraint device," according to The Hollywood Reporter and TMZ.
Therefore, the company says, the plaintiffs aren't entitled to damages because they "failed to mitigate their losses."
Brooke Buchanan, spokesperson for Walmart, issued a statement late Monday. "Walmart filed its official response to the plaintiffs' lawsuit earlier today, and the company continues to stand willing to work with Mr. Morgan and the other plaintiffs to resolve this matter."
Morgan was a passenger in a limo bus involved in the six-car pile-up on June 7. He and three others were critically injured, and one fellow passenger, comedian James McNair, 62, was killed.
Morgan spent days in intensive care and weeks in rehab and still is not completely recovered. His lawyers say it may be months before he can fully walk again.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...acy-morgan-for-not-wearing-seatbelt/16444487/

The legal battle between Tracy Morgan and Walmart over a calamitous collision with a Walmart truck earlier this year is not going to be resolved amicably or soon, judging from the latest legal maneuvers.
Walmart is blaming Morgan for his own injuries in the crash, claiming he was not wearing a seatbelt in the New Jersey Turnpike collision in June that killed one man and left the 30 Rock comedian/actor and others badly injured.
Morgan and others hurt in the crash are suing Walmart in federal court, accusing the corporate giant of negligence for allegedly allowing the truck driver to drive hundreds of miles while fatigued.
The collision is still under investigation by the Department of Transportation and Walmart isn't answering that charge until it's finished. The driver of the Walmart truck has pleaded not guilty to vehicular homicide and assault by auto.
But in court papers on Monday the company asserted, among other defenses, that Morgan's injuries "were caused, in whole or in part, by plaintiffs' failure to properly wear an appropriate available seatbelt restraint device," according to The Hollywood Reporter and TMZ.
Therefore, the company says, the plaintiffs aren't entitled to damages because they "failed to mitigate their losses."
Brooke Buchanan, spokesperson for Walmart, issued a statement late Monday. "Walmart filed its official response to the plaintiffs' lawsuit earlier today, and the company continues to stand willing to work with Mr. Morgan and the other plaintiffs to resolve this matter."
Morgan was a passenger in a limo bus involved in the six-car pile-up on June 7. He and three others were critically injured, and one fellow passenger, comedian James McNair, 62, was killed.
Morgan spent days in intensive care and weeks in rehab and still is not completely recovered. His lawyers say it may be months before he can fully walk again.

I'm gonna disagree a bit and say his injuries were probably caused by the HUGE FRIGGIN TRUCK that slammed into his limo.

Five months after a tragic accident on the New Jersey Turnpike, it’s unclear whether comedian Tracy Morgan will ever be “the Tracy Morgan he once was,” his lawyer said Tuesday.

On June 7, Morgan’s limo bus was rear-ended by a Wal-Mart tractor-trailer on the New Jersey Turnpike. The crash killed comedy writer James McNair, but it seemed Morgan, even with a broken leg and broken ribs, had gotten away relatively unscathed.

“I’m okay,” he said in July after being released from a rehabilitation center. “I feel strong.”
Traffic moves pass the scene of a serious accident at milepost 71 on the northbound lanes of New Jersey Turnpike on Saturday, June 7, 2014 near Cranbury, N.J. Comedian Tracy Morgan is in critical condition following an early morning accident on the New Jersey Turnpike. The comedian was injured in a crash involving six vehicles that left at least one person dead and several others, including Morgan, with serious injuries. (AP Photo/David Gard)
On June 7, traffic moves past the scene of Morgan’s accident at Milepost 71 on the northbound lanes of New Jersey Turnpike near Cranbury, N.J. (David Gard/AP)

Now, Morgan representatives are saying the former “Saturday Night Live” star may have a hard road ahead.

“He’s fighting to get better, and if there’s a chance for him to be back to the Tracy Morgan he once was, he’s going to try to do that,” Benedict Morelli, Morgan’s attorney, told the Associated Press. “But we just don’t know because of the severity of the injuries that he sustained and the fact that he had such a severe brain injury.”

Morgan’s lawyers were in court Tuesday for a pretrial meeting with a judge to settle the schedule for Morgan’s negligence lawsuit against Wal-Mart. Morgan was not present.

“When you have a traumatic brain injury it takes a very long time to find out how you’re going to do and how much you’re going to recover,” Morelli said. “You just don’t know. So that’s where he is. He’s still fighting and trying to live his life at the same time and trying to get better, and he’s just not better. We’re hoping and praying to get him back to where he was. But the jury’s out.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ustained-in-car-accident/?tid=pm_national_pop

Tracy Morgan Walmart Did Right By Me ... Settles Crash Lawsuit

5/27/2015 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

breaking news
1109-tracy-morgan-tmz-4.jpg

Tracy Morgan has reached a settlement with Walmart, and says he's satisfied with how the corporation took care of him financially after the accident that left him severely injured.
Tracy's attorney and Walmart's attorneys announced the settlement, but said terms of the deal would remain under wraps. Whatever they paid, Tracy's happy with it ... saying, "Walmart did right by me and my family, and for my associates and their families."
He added, "I am grateful that the case was resolved amicably."
Walmart also settled with two of the other passengers, Ardie Fuqua and Jeffrey Millea, and settled with the family of James McNair, who died in the crash involving Tracy's limousine van and the Walmart 18-wheeler.

I was listening to an interview with him on Sway In The Morning today on my lunch break. He sounds to be in good spirits and very appreciative of his recovery.

Good to see this article today:smile:

ORLANDO, Fla. — Tracy Morgan was all smiles while celebrating his daughter's second birthday during a visit to Disney World in Orlando, Fla recently.

Morgan, along with his fiancee Megan Wollover and his little girl Maven, spent the the start of the Fourth of July weekend at the amusement park July 2. The trio were photographed enjoying the Dumbo ride.

The comedian seemed in good spirits, gradually returning to the public eye after a horrific car crash on the New Jersey Turnpike last year which left him in critical condition. His best friend Jimmy Mack was killed in the crash after the limo they were traveling in was hit by a Walmart truck

The '30 Rock' star gave his first TV interview since the accident last month on the Today show.

"Bones heal. But the loss of my friend will never heal," Morgan told Matt Lauer. "Right now, my goal is just to heal and get better. 'Cause I'm not 100 percent yet. I'm not. And when I'm there, you'll know it. I'll get back to making you laugh, I promise you."

For now, Morgan is enjoying life's precious moments with his daughter and learning to laugh again.

">July 3, 2015

http://www.ajc.com/news/entertainme...-celebrates-daughters-birthday-disney-/nmrRW/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 222
Damon Wayans Tracy Morgan Got $90 Million from Walmart

9/4/2015 9:04 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

GLAD HE GOT PAID The Breakfast Club 105.1

update-graphic-red-bar.jpg

Tracy's rep tells TMZ, the terms of Tracy's settlement with Walmart are confidential, adding, "Tracy has had no contact with Mr. Wayans since before the accident so there is no way he would be able to know this and thus is false."
update-grey-gray-bar.jpg

Damon Wayans dropped a bombshell on Charlamagne Tha God's show, The Breakfast Club, saying Tracy Morgan settled his lawsuit with Walmart for $90 million. It was previously reported the money would be paid out over 5 years.
Damon casually mentioned the figure during a discussion about comedians who have the financial independence to do comedy on their own terms.
When you watch the clip, it's pretty clear this was not a premeditated statement ... it came out of Damon's mouth as stream of consciousness.
0903-subasset-tracy-morgan-house-redfin-swipe-3.jpg

Business Insider reported on Monday Tracy bought a $14 million home in New Jersey.
Morgan was severely injured in the crash caused by a Walmart truck driver more than a year ago. He suffered brain and other injuries but has bounced back remarkably.

WHEELCHAIR BOUND SplashNewsOnline.com

STEP BY STEP SplashNewOnline.com

I NEVER LEFT THE BIZ TMZ.com

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3knz4vnVq