tPF'rs and Video Games

There's a similar thread in the computer and technology forum! :biggrin: I will say I love video games. I don't like sports games - my favourite genre is survival horror like Fatal Frame, Silent Hill and Resident Evil. Basically anything that requires killing a hoard of menacing non-dead beings!

There's a similar thread in the computer and technology forum! :biggrin: I will say I love video games. I don't like sports games - my favourite genre is survival horror like Fatal Frame, Silent Hill and Resident Evil. Basically anything that requires killing a hoard of menacing non-dead beings!

ITA! I love those games too. Fatal Frame 2 scares the crud out of me. But in a good way. Broken Neck woman will forever give me nightmares. XD Then again so does Box Woman. *shivers* Sae however, well, she just kicks butt. That's all.

I heart Resident Evil. I didn't like RE5 that much though. But I do love the classics. RE1-CVX! I can't wait for Darkside Chronicles. RE2 and CVX were among the best RE's ever. I also liked Silent Hill, SH1-3= massive love!

I also love action/adventure games too. Metal Gear Solid series, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Tomb Raider, InFAMOUS, etc. I also love RPG's like Final Fantasy VII-X, too. And Bioshock. To name a few.

I might get that new Batman Arkham Asylum game, but not on day one. Still need some time to think it over. If only I could rent it.

I'm thrilled for this Fall. So many sweet games coming out. Bioshock 2, Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed II, etc. I'm ecstatic!

^I still have to finish MG4 (like this one though - don't need to be as stealthy to play it), RE5, Silent Hill:Origins, Silent Hill: Homecoming, and Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams (love love the onimusha series too!). My favourite RE games is also RE2 - I like the fact I can play as two characters but it wasn't really a tough game compared to the first one. The first silent hill scared me because of the grainy graphics - it was so hard to see anything so anything can happen. Clocktower for PS2 was really good too since you can't do much but hide from enemies.

I'm not really an RPG gamer either - these are the only rpgs I've ever played: FF VII-X, XII (yet to finish XII), Koudelka and Chrono Cross. I like Koudelka a lot since it's like a gothic horror rpg.

Currently running around, killing mutant Nazis in Wolfenstein. Great game!
Noice! I love the Wolfenstein games...I remember playing it old school on our Commodore 64!

Love me some Final Fantasy...chomping at the bit for the new one, love World of Warcraft and Sims games (Simcity, The Sims). I love watching my boyfriend play too, my favorite of all time is Dead Space. Best game EVER. Also enjoyed watching Fable I/II, the Halo series, Resident Evil (all of 'em), Bioshock and a couple others I can't remember.

Last edited:
^I totally forgot I still have to finish playing Dead Space! First game I purchased when I got the PS3! I'm halfway through the game but had to put it down when I started purchasing a bunch of other games and didn't have time to play them all.

Wolfenstein was a great game to play to "kill" time during my summer job at the computer company when I was in uni - that and I think Duke Nukem was another one. One of the student workers installed them onto my computer and I would spend half the day playing them. It was kind of a boring job.