TPfers know Chanel better than Chanel SAs

kkayc

O.G.
Mar 22, 2008
<sigh> Sometimes I hate calling the Chanel Boutiques. I just called Chanel in Hawaii to see if they have any leftover stock of any caviar or lambskin in blue fonce. The SA said he's never seen or heard of the color. I then asked about the evening star bag in red that I know Nordstrom is getting in limited quantities, he said he's never heard of such a thing. Finally, I asked about the pre-fall bags and if he's heard about the gray lambskin bags, he said no he has no info.

On a sidenote, some SAs make you feel like you're asking for some crazy imaginary bag.

Ok, that was my vent. I will continue my seach till I find a knowledgable SA or at least one who will actually really call me back.

Oh, are they able to help even though I don't have a style or color number?

It gets a little irritating because sometimes they really do just seem to think they only carry black, beige, and white bags...not that I don't appreciate the 30 secs they spend ruffling papers pretending to look through a past catalog before decisively telling me they've never heard of such a thing nor is it in their books :search:

I just describe the bag and color to the rep. at the Chanel 800 number. The rep. then checks the inventory right away or call you back after the research. I find the service very helpful in locating my bag.

wow thats crazy, my SA has a lot of knowledge on styles, colors, etc. and if he doesn't, he'll look into it for me...he doesn't make me ever feel like i'm thinking of an unreachable imaginary bag! i'm lucky my SA is so great i guess!

i think sometimes they also call bags different things than we do. I think there was like some confusion about describing different size bags with the 2.55 reissue. ive heard they dont call the ones out now reissues only the ones from 2005.