TPFer Chanel photos were stolen by a Chinese online store from Tao Bao

quick question- if this person puts their own watermark on our pictures- what is the sense in putting our own on it?? seems like there is nothing we can do about this!!

you're right! even u watermark your pic, i think he can change it to his/hers?

How can we shut his store down? any ideas? remember while we're discussing this, the seller is reading these posts. shameful!

Last edited:
^ the seller might not be reading the post. If you post your picture on a photo sharing server like photobucket or flickr, the seller can google the images. Also, If he/she does come to these threads for the pictures, i doubt he/she is reading...maybe just taking the photos and moving on to the next.

Just a thought...

Even if this person is selling "services" or potential bags:blah:- I just don't understand why he/she thinks it is ok to steal other's photos for his/her personal use!! If you are reading this- it is NOT RIGHT!!!

maybe this is the case for some photos, but I never upload mine.. I do mine straight from my apple:bagslap:
^ the seller might not be reading the post. If you post your picture on a photo sharing server like photobucket or flickr, the seller can google the images. Also, If he/she does come to these threads for the pictures, i doubt he/she is reading...maybe just taking the photos and moving on to the next.

Just a thought...

I am sure he/she is reading TPF on a daily basis! Or else, she cannot be that quick on UPDATING them in their store!

I am okay if someone uses my photos as reference, put them in their blog or something and acknowledged the source. But I cannot stand that he/she puts their OWN LOGO on my watermarked photos!!! I love my photos and I feel so mad to see they just stole my photos like that to put on their listings!

I feel for chanel_luv that she put effort on taking the family shot to share with us, but was WATERMARKED by this store and treat it like the photo belongs to them.

I am still waiting for TaoBao reply!

Thanks for the info nscwong. I will try the next time I post pic here or anywhere but now I'm very hesitant in doing that. This is not the first time someone from China stole my pics. It happens in Ebay and Bonz too.
very annoying!

Look at the bright side. It means your bags are pretty :flowers: Cheer up;)

Thanks so much nscwong! :smile: :flowers: I have just downloaded picasa and it's really very helpful! So much better when I was editing all my photos on Microsoft Office Picture Manager, which sucks! :tdown:

Yes! I am not even using the software I used money to buy to watermark the photos! But the downside is if you need to actually upload the photos to other website, there is no watermark. So you still need the Picture Manager.

:yes: YEP, one of my mod shots is up there........... one good thing that came out of this: I learned how to watermark! Thanks nscwong!
welcome :flowers:

I am okay if someone uses my photos as reference, put them in their blog or something and acknowledged the source. But I cannot stand that he/she puts their OWN LOGO on my watermarked photos!!!

ITA!!!!! I think use HUGE and dark coloured watermarks can help?

Dear jolenejeey,
I went online to see those stolen pics, for your case in particular the seller did say the photo is from online search not taken by him/ herself.
She is not selling this bag just help people from china to purchase luxury bags in US. And provide them some idea of how the bag looks like so she use pics that can find out online as reference.

I am not from china and no relationship connect to this seller, I just understand Chinese and want to let you has a peace in mind.

I think this seller still can't watermark people's photos pretending to be himself/herself.