TPF Update Jul 14, 2022

Hi all,

We've just updated TPF to the latest branch of the forum software. While I am working out all the kinks still, please use this thread to post any feedback you may have so I can have it addressed.

I have disabled the achievements / gamification elements, I don't think we will need those here.

Is there a way to turn off the mobile experience when you’re on mobile? I’d rather have to zoom in on a desktop version than not know when a thread was originally posted - I know I keep asking about this but it is really hampering my experience!

Is there a way to turn off the mobile experience when you’re on mobile? I’d rather have to zoom in on a desktop version than not know when a thread was originally posted - I know I keep asking about this but it is really hampering my experience!

I am afraid this is not possible. They are one and the same; the page just dynamically changes based on the screen size.

For some reason when I upload pictures they automatically insert into the post. I would like to leave them as thumbnails. I can't figure out how to do this. Only happened since the latest update.

For some reason when I upload pictures they automatically insert into the post. I would like to leave them as thumbnails. I can't figure out how to do this. Only happened since the latest update.
After you upload them, but before you post, click on the top left of the photo where it says insert, and it will drop down with 2 options: thumbnail and full.

Reactions: papertiger
@Vlad I've noticed the list on the right side of the sub forum isn't always showing the correct date of the last post in a thread (for instance, the last post on the "Rolex, why no dedicated forum" thread was showing the latest post as today when it was actually yesterday (it corrected as I was typing this post). Since everything is bolded it makes it difficult to know when something new is posted. It also appears to be random.

Would it be possible if the subforum links on the side remain when you are in a subforum?

The way it is now is when I want to get to another subforum B, I have to get out of the subforum A, into the main, and then click the link to subforum B.

@Vlad can we please have the "authenticate this" and the "post your finds" threads moved from Balenciaga shopping to the stickies? The "identify this" thread is a sticky and these two aren't.
People (especially newbies) aren't looking at the subforums, so we're starting to get more authentication requests on the "identify this" thread. The AT and "post your finds" threads are too important to be hidden away, they really need to be stickies. Many thanks!

Reactions: jellyv and whateve

Depending on which browser you use, the option may exist.

The browser sends some small piece of information called a user agent to websites and that tells the website what type of device it is. Some browsers have the option to send a user agent that doesn't mention it's a mobile device.

Here is how that looks on my browser:
Screenshot_20220901-075108207_1_1.jpg

Here is the setting on Chrome:
Screenshot_20220901-075712390 (1)_1.jpg

Depending on which browser you use, the option may exist.

The browser sends some small piece of information called a user agent to websites and that tells the website what type of device it is. Some browsers have the option to send a user agent that doesn't mention it's a mobile device.

Our site design does not change based on the device type it's being viewed on, but rather the screen size. The page will look the same even if you request the desktop site on mobile. :idea:

Last edited:
Our site design does not change based on the device type it's being viewed on, but rather the screen size. The page will look the same even if you request the desktop site on mobile. :idea:

It changes!

Mobile site on mobile device:
Screenshot_20220901-091329257 (1).jpg

Desktop site setting used on mobile device:
Screenshot_20220901-091307795 (1).jpg

• Insightful
Reactions: Vlad
@Vlad can we please have the "authenticate this" and the "post your finds" threads moved from Balenciaga shopping to the stickies? The "identify this" thread is a sticky and these two aren't.
People (especially newbies) aren't looking at the subforums, so we're starting to get more authentication requests on the "identify this" thread. The AT and "post your finds" threads are too important to be hidden away, they really need to be stickies. Many thanks!
@Vlad ?