TPF says fake, carol diva says authentic. What should I do?

calliec

Feb 17, 2014
Hi all, I had a balenciaga city I bought on eBay that was authenticated on tpf as counterfeit, and I sent it to carol diva to authenticated and she said its authentic. Here's the listing in question http://www.ebay.com/itm/390779316288?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I would feel more at ease about its authenticity but the seller was really rude about the situation. Should I get it authenticated by someone else?

I'm never in the Balenciaga forum but your thread caught my eye. I frequent the ebay forums and I suggest you do a search as there are mixed reviews. Carol is great for the brands that she knows best (not sure if Balenciaga is one of them). For brands that she is not as familiar with, I suggest going to a true expert in that brand. It's hard to be an expert in everything and there's bound to be mistakes (not saying that she made a mistake).

Bottom line, I would get it re-authenticated by a Balenciaga expert if Carol is not one (and doing a search here can help you figure that out)--- it can only help. Good Luck!

Hi all, I had a balenciaga city I bought on eBay that was authenticated on tpf as counterfeit, and I sent it to carol diva to authenticated and she said its authentic. Here's the listing in question http://www.ebay.com/itm/390779316288?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I would feel more at ease about its authenticity but the seller was really rude about the situation. Should I get it authenticated by someone else?

Please post it on our Authentication thread again, and ask for a second opinion.

I am the person who deemed this bag a counterfeit. I took another look at your photos just now, and I'm absolutely certain. This bag is not authentic.

I'm not an expert at all. But I could tell its' counterfeit. Carol does authenticate many brands. But her expertise brand is LV. I would recommend you to use another authenticator to file a claim on ebay. There is ebay forum here. They will give you a good advice about this kind of problems.
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/

I'm sorry you are having a hard time dealing with a bad seller. Good luck.

That bag is a fake as sure as the day is long, Connie is 100% right. I would pay for another "authentication" from a more reputable service that knows their Bal bags. You paid way to much to be stuck with that thing. This bag is not even close to some of the super fakes we have seen and no way should it have been deemed authentic unless the pics were not even looked at closely:nogood: Just awful! After you have all your ducks in a row proving it's fake I would ask for a refund from Carol Diva as well.

This is horrible fake! And I'm not an expert and can see it. Please, use someone else to confirm it is a fake bag. Maybe 'Authenticate 4' u or '******************'. Good luck

It kinda sucks that carol diva would authenticate balenciaga even tho I didn't see any mention of knowledge about the brand on her website.

Does it seem dishonest? She knows she's not a balenciaga expert but still authenticated it? Doesn't make sense.

I 100% trust the folks here on TPF as opposed to many of the "authenticators", especially if their forte is NOT Balenciaga (which is usually the case). Sadly, that bag is a horrific fake .. and you know what, you should email Caroldiva and tell her as such. She either needs to bow out of authenticating Balenciaga or EDUCATE herself!

I 100% trust the folks here on TPF as opposed to many of the "authenticators", especially if their forte is NOT Balenciaga (which is usually the case). Sadly, that bag is a horrific fake .. and you know what, you should email Caroldiva and tell her as such. She either needs to bow out of authenticating Balenciaga or EDUCATE herself!

I agree with this. I know a bit about Bals but am not an authenticator and it would have taken me less than minute to know this one was bogus.

Hi guys, looking for someone to point me in the right direction about a Balenciaga that was bought in Harvey Nichols from 2004 (C). It doesn't have the black thread along the top of the label, but the bag is white. The seller says it didn't come with a mirror or shoulder strap, (I thought it might be an early First), but swears it's authentic. The metal label doesn't have a degree sign after the N, but does have the small silver hallmark, could any of you chaps help please? Thanks TPF

Hi guys, looking for someone to point me in the right direction about a Balenciaga that was bought in Harvey Nichols from 2004 (C). It doesn't have the black thread along the top of the label, but the bag is white. The seller says it didn't come with a mirror or shoulder strap, (I thought it might be an early First), but swears it's authentic. The metal label doesn't have a degree sign after the N, but does have the small silver hallmark, could any of you chaps help please? Thanks TPF
Your best bet would be to post pictures in this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-shopping/authenticate-balenciaga-please-read-rules-use-format-post-838934.html