tPF meeting in Copenhagen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw, how is the airport of Copenhagen?

Pretty close to the actual city or really on the outskirts like London-Luton, etc?

oh yeah, and speaking of affordable hotels .... I'd be interested in that also.

airport is really close to the city.. I think it was 15-20 minutes by airport train if I'm not mistaken.

And yeah, I remember reading about the cc fee in some norwegian paper, I'll see if I can dig it up again. anyways, it's not *that* much money or I can always withdraw cash.

fox looks awesomme, I'll definately try and book a room there when we've set a date.

Yeah, we have LV in Oslo (I haven't been there yet though, but it looks nice), so I don't think I'll buy too much in copenhagen as I've heard they have some stupid credit card fee in .dk that charges foreigners 5% of what they paid for or something, but the SA's there are *cute* so I definately want to get something there :drool:

really?! :wtf: wow, that sounds weird? I thought it depended on your cc company whether and what they charge you for using it abroad?

ohh that's weird.. just read the article.. i've never noticed it though, and i've used both finnish and british credit cards here :confused1: but then again i tend to just check that the charges are correct and not look at the exchange rate that closely.. i've never seen an extra charge listed though :s

Haha yeah "let's rip off those gullible norwegians" :P But yeah, I don't think it is so noticeable especially not if some gets "lost in currency" etc, but it is annoying because on a big shopping spree it could easily amount to $50-$100, and although a person that can afford it, it's still money.

Oh well, it's worth the shopping experience anyways. I remember when I first bought my Chanel.. it was the happiest feeling in the world seeing the SA get the box and the pretty wrapping and bag and... ah, I'm ranting :love:

:biggrin:

i got my first and so far only chanel at heathrow and i think i'll keep getting them there :lol: unless birger christensen at cph airport have them the discount would be bigger ;)

so Birger Christensen is overpriced? I regret buying lambskin (at least I think it was lambskin) that cost 11700 DKR instead of caviar, but it didn't look like they had caviar there, so I just took "the first and the best". Didn't look like BC had too big selection in handbags, so if I decide to get a Chanel there again, I'll probably call ahead and ask them to get whatever I want if they don't have it..

oh i haven't looked at their prices but at the airport the VAT is automatically discounted so that's what i meant. and i got mine when i was 19 or so, way before the price hikes, it's a medium sized classic flap type thing (but not a classic flap) and it was £575 at the airport back then :wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.