TPF Fixed

sbelle

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
Ok. Whenever anything changes it throws me for a loop.

I use the TPF fixed skin. Something has changed with the size. It takes up much more of the width of my screen as compared to before. The size of everything appears larger too--the font,etc. (I feel like I have reading glasses on!) I have a very wide screen, so it is pretty wide. Thre used to be a huge difference between the liquid and the fixed, but now the difference isn't as great.

Did Vlad change something?

I must add that I can no longer get TPF FIXED since, um, a couple of weeks ago maybe? I choose FIXED form the pull down menu then it just goes right back to LIQUID. I'm using Windows XP and Firefox. I don't mind it but wonder why...

I must add that I can no longer get TPF FIXED since, um, a couple of weeks ago maybe? I choose FIXED form the pull down menu then it just goes right back to LIQUID. I'm using Windows XP and Firefox. I don't mind it but wonder why...

HM... FIXED works on mine.. running firefox. It's just a smaller screen, whereas Liquid is more "widescreen". I don't know why you could not use fixed? What size is your screen?

I think it is you... hahahaha after all you were saying avatars shrunk :P

http://

LOL-- I was just waiting for that one!!

When my kids told me that I was crazy yesterday, I started thinking that then people would say exactly that! She was the crazy one that said the avatars shrunk!! They really did shrink though--both Megs and Nat agreed with me!!!!

But thanks for the tip about control + , because I used control - and it got the screen back to what the size used to be! Yippee!! I don't know what happened to change it, but it is back!

^^^ :lolots:

I am glad you fixed it now. My monitor at home is not too big but I have a super wide monitor at work and when I browse the forum (not too often) I have to do the control - to reduce it too. We need a "invisible-while-browsing-TPF-at-work-skin" :P

HM... FIXED works on mine.. running firefox. It's just a smaller screen, whereas Liquid is more "widescreen". I don't know why you could not use fixed? What size is your screen?

Thank you, Ellie Mae. I use my work laptop (as desktop at work and as laptop at home), and it used to work just fine. Now if I choose fixed from the pulldown menu the screen refreshes but comes back to liquid, both with a monitor and as laptop.

As I said, it doesn't bother me and it must be due to something silly that I don't know I did, but can't help wondering, you know...

Thank you, Ellie Mae. I use my work laptop (as desktop at work and as laptop at home), and it used to work just fine. Now if I choose fixed from the pulldown menu the screen refreshes but comes back to liquid, both with a monitor and as laptop.

As I said, it doesn't bother me and it must be due to something silly that I don't know I did, but can't help wondering, you know...

And if it happens w/ both the monitor AND the laptop screen, then one would guess it was a setting on the laptop.. a display setting maybe... but DANGED if I can find something on mine to pinpoint that! Strange!