tPF Connection and Your Hermes Store

Very well-written, Style101! :smile: Thank you...your post totally reflect my thoughts.

I think it is okay when one choose to disclose their tPF connection to their store on their own accord. But it is a totally different matter when someone else, after reading what you've posted or PMed, goes to your store & start asking the SAs/Store Manager to reveal your identity, & discussed what you've bought, your SO, your wishlist, what bag/H item you're selling, blah blah blah...I don't know about the rest of you, but to me, this is definitely not graciousness.

I think violated is the right word to describe how some members felt.

Whoa! :wtf: That is alot to say about anyone here. If you'd thought that someone did all of the above, would you not feel the need to clarify, to get the whole picture? As they say, there are always 2 sides of a story.

Even best of friends, siblings have misunderstandings. So I won't be too quick to condemn anyone without first giving the person a chance to explain what could possibly have transpired, and verify if anything was taken out of context, and what actually was said and why.

Oh, & asked for the same bag. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with this...Many of us here are bag twins, triplets, or even bag quadruplets! :yes: But, why be sneaky about it? :shrugs:

Yeah, everyone here is happy when a new bag pops up, and wholeheartedly congratuates each other when they score a beauty or rarity in a bag. So perhaps, it's a bad timing? That you got word about it from your SA/store manager even before this person could discuss it with you? I would think that if the avenue of discussion, the openess and frankness is available, a misunderstanding wouldn't have brewed to the extent that you have described. There is certainly more than meets the eye here. :s

Mrs.S - I hope this comes out the right way because I don't want to sound critical of you at all, but there are many other reasons someone might have for wanting anonymity, especially with regard to Hermes.

First, one of the more obvious aspects of Hermes in general is the discreet nature of the house - it doesn't really lend itself to this type of environment to begin with. So while it's absolutely invaluable and something those of us who participate truly value, it's not necessarily something you'd choose to discuss with certain more low-key or veteran SA's.

And while I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, there are those of us who maintain the exact same persona online as we do in real life, but STILL greatly desire our privacy for many reasons. Obviously safety is one concern (as was already astutely pointed out), but sometimes people just don't wish to be identified and value their privacy in general - in their everyday lives as well. It's an extreme overgeneralization to necessarily assume that means they have something to hide - it could just mean that they'd like to maintain some level of the discretion on which Hermes prides itself.

Or we could just be shy.:smile:

I can totally relate to this: I'm a very shy and reserved person both IRL and here...and although I've been a member here for almost a year now, very few people know my real name...we all have our comfort levels, KWIM?;)

I will say this one time ladies, so please listen.

I do feel this is a great thread and much can be discussed and learned from this thread. However, this is not the place to bring about issues/happenings at your various Hermes boutiques that have created problems amongst you. I am hoping this thread was not initiated for this purpose. We do not need to start a whole level of drama here. I would love for this thread to continue, but for those of you who may have issues with one another...I do hope that you will take it to a pm or speak somehow in person. I do not care for how this is all turning in a different direction.

I do not see how any positive(s) will come out of it, while bringing it to the boards in front of everyone. If I am being premature here please accept my apology.

Have a lovely day.