TPF beauty box - canadians?

bluejinx

~~Shayna~~
Dec 15, 2009
I know our postal system in canada stinks! Double the cost to send most anything, but could we start this for canadians? Is that the only issue? Postage?

Yeah our postal system isn't the greatest for cost it would be fairly expensive, but I guess it would depend what people had to contribute and if it was worth it for them to pay the postage.

I would be interested if I didn't already have so much stuff in my collection. I have way too much and am trying to use up old stuff so I can move on to new stuff so I am officially cut off of beauty products for at least 5 years LOL! The bad thing is I like everything I have too so I can't even part with some of it :sad:

How big does the box get? Shipping is not THAT bad... it would most likely go small packet or light packet, which isn't too much (to the US, small packet is an average of $7.00-ish).

I just looked into cost.

Let's say the box is 30cm (a foot) by 30cm by 60 cm and ways ten pounds.

The cost would be 18.00 plus tax. Since the american box is now 2 boxes and costs aprox 30.00 for the two I don't think its too bad. My guess is it will range from the same price as the american one (15.00) to the cost of their double box (30.00).

This is of course regular mail and can take up to a week if its from one end of the country to the other.

What are the rules?

Now your asking tricky questions! Lol. I think once the box exists it will be fairly simple. A 1:1 exchange for what you take out I think and take what you want as long as you post pics of what you got. But how did they start the box in the first place? Did a group of people mail some items to start the box? That's my big issue. So right now I'm just looking for those who would be interested. Looks like there might be enough people so I guess I need to look into the finer details.

If it was being shipped from B.C to say Ontario it would cost double what it would only going a few provinces over. I'm not sure what postal codes you used for the $18 estimate?
Anything going from Ontario to B.C starts around $14 as the basic minimum, and anything going within province or next province over starts around $9 basic minimum...I work at the postal outlet in the mornings at work and it is cheaper to mail things to the states than it is to mail within Canada!

That's good to note. I used winnipeg to toronto which is futher than winnipeg to calgary. I know its cheaper to mail to us or to mail from the us.

Maybe we could set it up and mail it from west to east or vice versa if enough people were on board? It will be irrelevant if only 3 or 4 people are interested.

If it was being shipped from B.C to say Ontario it would cost double what it would only going a few provinces over. I'm not sure what postal codes you used for the $18 estimate?
Anything going from Ontario to B.C starts around $14 as the basic minimum, and anything going within province or next province over starts around $9 basic minimum...I work at the postal outlet in the mornings at work and it is cheaper to mail things to the states than it is to mail within Canada!

yes that would lower the cost some if it was mailed to the people who are closer to each other if there is enough interest to get it from west to east or vice versa that would keep the cost of mailing lower.