tpf Australia - Welcome to Woop Woop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh they're very nice as well loki. They definitely get my nod of approval. :yes:

Well last night was lovely. It was Jase's Mum's 60th birthday and we took her out for a meal and a few drinkies. A good time was had by all but we didn't realise just how good the night was going to get! Jase's Mum and Dad (actually his entire family) are keen gamblers (to say the least - they used to own/race dogs/horses) so as per usual, they were punching the pokies and taking keno for most of the night. Jase's Mum had a win earlier in the day before I got there and had already pocketed $700, so we thought her birthday luck was up. But she ended up winning a further ... and I still can't believe this ... $6,200!!! All up she took home $6,900 for the day. A very happy birthday in anyone's book. Oh yeah, the meals were good too.

Morning!!

Cal are you going to have a ride on that big wheel thing near the bell tower? I think I am going to go tonight.... it looks so pretty at night time. I'm a sucker for flashing lights.....

Any ideas about when we might have a meet? I perosnally may not be able to make it until oct / nov but I'm sure you would all prefer much earlier....?!

[coco];9275134 said:
Any ideas about when we might have a meet? I perosnally may not be able to make it until oct / nov but I'm sure you would all prefer much earlier....?!
Jase and I were thinking we might revisit Sydney again for my birthday in October for a few days, like we did last year. So if you girlies are up for an Aussie meet on or around the 4th weekend of October (23/24/25) I'm up for it, or rather will be down Sydney way for it.

Here you go....

The following are results from an OZ-words Competition where entrants were asked to take an Australian word, alter it by one letter only, and supply a witty definition.

Clearly, you need to be an Aussie to understand.

Billabonk: to make passionate love beside a waterhole

Bludgie: a partner who doesn't work, but is kept as a pet

Fair drinkum: good-quality Aussie wine

Flatypus: a cat that has been run over by a vehicle

Mateshit: all your flat mate's belongings, lying strewn around the floor

Shagman: an unemployed male, roaming the Australian bush in search of sexual activity

Yabble: the unintelligible language of Australian freshwater crustaceans

Bushwanker: a pretentious drongo, who reckons he's above average when it comes to handling himself in the scrub

Crackie-daks: 'hipster' tracksuit pants.

And for the Kiwi's amongst us:

Shornbag: a particularly attractive naked sheep.

It's been very quiet around here... I guess everyone's off enjoying their Sunday. :thinking:
Jase is working away today so I'm home alone and bored! Thank goodness for tPF and online shopping. :graucho:

Haha coco, that list was very funny.....I loved crackie-daks

Hi Teen, I haven't had a very exciting Sunday - I dropped my hubby at the airport at midday and then went shopping, I have been trying to catch up with the washing and cleaning since I got home.

Wow your MIL did well, did she share the winnings - even just a little bit?

LOL @ "bludgie"! Where did you get those, coco?!

...and I love the smilies you found - you should ask in the feedback forum if we can have those added - they're all great! especially the exploding one LOL - I'd use that all the time.

Nice shoes, Loki - you cleaned up! You've been on a shopping frenzy lately LOL... haven't stopped since about October last year!

Shop, that's great about your MIL. God, what I would do with $6,200... I'd get my HG Bals, a Chloe Joan and a Chanel reissue in 227.

I spent the whole day cleaning up, then went to Bunnings for some indoor plants. They're called "indoor-structibles" but we'll see. I've only just finished potting them and I am sooooooo sore.... LOL and unfit, obviously.

I'm totally up for an October meet - anytime is fine with me!

(pokes her head in) hi everyone! I did enjoy my sat & sunday.

Went to visit my family yesterday. That was nice and saw steves' grandma who's been sick.

Laloki i am so amazing jeleous. I love love love your haul. I love tony bianco shoes they are totally to die for and about as expensive as I can afford atm. But I am so far away from any decent shoe shops and it really breaks my heart! The ones with the studs in first post are my fav, much like the CL boots I loved that use to be my avator.

Btw can anyone find and post a pic of the black wittner knockoffs of the diors. They are the ones I have and I love them to bits, they are so amazingly comfy for such high heels.

I actually don't know how to make pictures smaller with vista, if i did i have so so many to share with you guys but I don't know how to shrink them so I can post, can anyone help me with that?????

Teen i think those shoes will look great with the dress.

Nothing exciting to

LOL @ "bludgie"! Where did you get those, coco?!

...and I love the smilies you found - you should ask in the feedback forum if we can have those added - they're all great! especially the exploding one LOL - I'd use that all the time.

Nice shoes, Loki - you cleaned up! You've been on a shopping frenzy lately LOL... haven't stopped since about October last year!

Shop, that's great about your MIL. God, what I would do with $6,200... I'd get my HG Bals, a Chloe Joan and a Chanel reissue in 227.

Gawd i_wona, when you put it that way it sounds terrible, I must STOP shopping....I will have to look at what I have bought and what was just a dream in my posts.

I know what I could do with the money Teen's MIL won - ruby Balenciaga Midday - yeah!

(pokes her head in) hi everyone! I did enjoy my sat & sunday.

Went to visit my family yesterday. That was nice and saw steves' grandma who's been sick.

Laloki i am so amazing jeleous. I love love love your haul. I love tony bianco shoes they are totally to die for and about as expensive as I can afford atm. But I am so far away from any decent shoe shops and it really breaks my heart! The ones with the studs in first post are my fav, much like the CL boots I loved that use to be my avator.

Btw can anyone find and post a pic of the black wittner knockoffs of the diors. They are the ones I have and I love them to bits, they are so amazingly comfy for such high heels.

I actually don't know how to make pictures smaller with vista, if i did i have so so many to share with you guys but I don't know how to shrink them so I can post, can anyone help me with that?????

Teen i think those shoes will look great with the dress.

Nothing exciting to

Hi Sass

I can only capture an image of the Wittner ones in white (I hope they are the right ones...Vixen??)

Vista is a pain to work with, I notice that Micro$haft has released a beta version of their new operating system that will replace the very unpopular Vista.

BTW...thanks I love my haul too!

:flowers: for Steve's Grandma.....hope she gets well soon

Attachments

• vixen.jpg
    vixen.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 38
Hey there i_wona, loki and Sass. My MIL has infuriated me by returning to the watering hole and spending the majority of today giving her winnings back!!! Bloody gamblers. For some reason they feel it necessary to keep slipping their hard earned $ in the poker machine slots and when the bloody things finally cough up some dough they insist on putting it right back in. Arghhhh! Jase just told me she blew about 10% of it today, gambling and shouting friends drinkies. Oh well, her money but I know where mine would be... hanging in my wardrobe right where I can see it! At least I'd be investing it, not just flushing it down the dunny like MIL's doing. She did say at least half of it would go into savings but whether that happens or not is anyone's guess. She was 60 yesterday so as a grown woman she can do whatever takes her fancy I s'pose. If she gives it all back to the publican I'll be pissed off and will officially declare that she's lost her marbles!! Whatever happened to sharing it with the fam?! :shrugs:

OMG I cannot believe it.....I must admit I am not a gambler so I don't know the highs that come from gambling, but oh what a waste. She should give it to the family if she feels like frittering it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.