tPF Australia - Putting the *ss in class

Woni lofty and loftier means up high, as in aloft! It's an old term, I say you're the young 'un using only new lingo!
old.gif

Oh right - loftier - lofty!! I thought you must be using it in some new-fangled way LOL

Oh wow! And free shipping too!!! Lol...

I prefer my rabbits running around the backyard thank u very much!!

"although we paid much less for the bag...." - who taught these people marketing? I wanna learn too! That's just brilliant!! :lol:

^ha haaaaa! How I love the word "fug."

I can't believe it's really listed for that price...? And Lisa, LOL @ "we paid much less" - this has to be a joke...

Wow that bag is a must buy!

I've missed a few birthdays - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lisa, Woni & Cal!

Love the new thread title!

What's everyone upto this wknd? I went & saw Red at the movies tonight, it's the Bruce Willis movie, was pretty funny actually.

Lisa I love your avatar pic now those shoes are too hot!!!

So-o-o-o-ooo excited - I bought the most fabulous lens for my Nikon and can't wait for it to arrive!! It's a very short very wide angle lens and will be amazing for landscapes, street shooting, shots inside (can fit everybody in the frame without needing to reverse through a wall, fab for Xmas), and I'm gonna use it for star trails photography too!! Lorrrrrdy I can't wait! It's coming from Hong Kong so I'm hooping will get here by Thursday so it can come see Jas with me on the weekend. Oh happy days! :biggrin:

I hope you get the lens too Franks, then I can have a play.

Hey Sass, Bruce Willis and funny don't go in the same sentence to me.

Word of warning do not have Champers & strawberry liqueur cocktails they are deadly the next day.....I feel like crap.

So-o-o-o-ooo excited - I bought the most fabulous lens for my Nikon and can't wait for it to arrive!! It's a very short very wide angle lens and will be amazing for landscapes, street shooting, shots inside (can fit everybody in the frame without needing to reverse through a wall, fab for Xmas), and I'm gonna use it for star trails photography too!! Lorrrrrdy I can't wait! It's coming from Hong Kong so I'm hooping will get here by Thursday so it can come see Jas with me on the weekend. Oh happy days! :biggrin:

Woo! So excited :biggrin:

I just got my first DSLR, the Nikon D7000, am still learning how to use it. Dad brought it back from HK last week. Going to try his old Nikkor lenses (from the 70s) on it.

Hope everyone is well :smile:

Ahhh R that's fantastic!!! Just get out there with that camera and play, play, play. I prefer to use it on Aperture Priority, I like controlling the depth of field etc. that way and only switch to manual if the shutter speed the camera's teaming with that aperture is too slow. Your Dad's old 70's lenses won't auto-focus with that of course, but they'd be fab to play with.

A good lens to get yourself to play with is a short wide prime - you can have all the fun in the world playing with aperture and dof and create some really amazing shots, plus the primes have better image quality too. I'd go the 35mm f/1.8G or 50mm f/1.4G. The better lens if the 50mm but am going to switch to the 35mm soon, only because the 50's a bit long for what I mostly use it for, but both are amazing lenses and really good value - the 35mm is only $350 in stores or $250 via grey imports online.

Whoo how exciting! :woohoo:

Speaking of camera-y things, I'm choosing a camera strap for mine. I love these seatbelt straps that Souldier make, and was going to get one of those in whatever colour I wanted but rather like some of the tapestry overlays they do. You can choose what seatbelt backing you want and so you have the tapestry one side or can show the seatbelt on the other side too. Just need to decide whether I'd prefer something simple and plain like the seatbelts I originally wanted or have the vintage tapestries instead!

695ec62.0000001270707531.jpg

20db9e1.0000001270707529.jpg

mue4as.jpg

105xf8k.jpg

25irpt1.jpg

2h2m82g.jpg

My beautiful little bug-eyed friend I'm anxiously awaiting.......

Tokina+11-16mm+F2.8+AT-X+116+PRO+DX+Lens+With+Hood+Vertical+Front+View.JPG

200912-Tokina116Trial-3.jpg

200912-Tokina116Trial-4.jpg

And some shots I found in a quick search taken by others using this lens.. the view is so wide it's bordering on fisheye, the perspective is nuts!:

vy6vsw.jpg

200912-Tokina116Trial-24.JPG

Last edited: