Toy Loulou w/ BHW: Questions on quality & practicality

Mairaculi

Sep 9, 2020
Hi, I'm currently on the market for a new everyday black crossbody bag, and I really like the design of the Toy Loulou. I'm not into flashy logos especially during the daytime so YSL was never on my list until I discovered the matching hardwear. Do you think this would be a relatively low-key bag?
So since this would be my first YSL bag, I have a few questions to all of you Toy Loulou owners or if you have bags with black hardwear:
- Is the BHW especially on the logo prone to chipping?
- How durable is the leather? For an everyday bag it has to be durable for me, can I take it out in every weather? Will it scratch or wrinkle easily?
- How happy are you with the size? My essentials are relatively small, a normal sized phone w/o case, small wallet, sunglasses, small pouch but I'm afraid it might be a tight fit.
Thank you!
IMG_20200923_164001.png

Hi, I'm currently on the market for a new everyday black crossbody bag, and I really like the design of the Toy Loulou. I'm not into flashy logos especially during the daytime so YSL was never on my list until I discovered the matching hardwear. Do you think this would be a relatively low-key bag?
So since this would be my first YSL bag, I have a few questions to all of you Toy Loulou owners or if you have bags with black hardwear:
- Is the BHW especially on the logo prone to chipping?
- How durable is the leather? For an everyday bag it has to be durable for me, can I take it out in every weather? Will it scratch or wrinkle easily?
- How happy are you with the size? My essentials are relatively small, a normal sized phone w/o case, small wallet, sunglasses, small pouch but I'm afraid it might be a tight fit.
Thank you!
View attachment 4856814
I've had my toy Lou Lou a little over 2 years and I have to say it's one of my most used bags. Which was a surprise to me! It's tiny but it can hold a lot! I bring it on almost all my travels. I can't speak to the all black logo and wear but my lou lou is black patent leather it is has held up wonderfully. Still puffy and like I said it's seen a lot of travel :smile:

When I bought mine, I made a blogpost on what fits inside. It fights the essentials very well, you can check it out if you want.

The leather is fine in the rain and it‘s fine to use with long nails and stuff but it can scratch if you‘re throwing it around carelessly

I've had my toy Lou Lou a little over 2 years and I have to say it's one of my most used bags. Which was a surprise to me! It's tiny but it can hold a lot! I bring it on almost all my travels. I can't speak to the all black logo and wear but my lou lou is black patent leather it is has held up wonderfully. Still puffy and like I said it's seen a lot of travel :smile:
Thanks that sounds like exactly the bag I'm looking for :smile:

Reactions: Louboutin329
When I bought mine, I made a blogpost on what fits inside. It fights the essentials very well, you can check it out if you want.

The leather is fine in the rain and it‘s fine to use with long nails and stuff but it can scratch if you‘re throwing it around carelessly
Thanks, I looked at your blogpost! Looks like it could have enough room for me

Reactions: julia.pa
The leather is not delicate like lambskin but is not as durable as loewe’s smooth leather. If you’re reasonably careful, the leather should be fine. I don’t use this bag when I’m taking my toddlers out..I’m afraid it may scratch when I’mgetting them in or out of car seats. ( not that we’re going places these days) you do have to watch out for the corners. The leather is folded.
it is a great bag in the toy size and looks great dressed up with a chain strap. It should be able to fit your essentials. Sunglasses will probably have to be in a pouch and not hard case.
I’m too afraid to buy any bag with Black hardware. Whenever I’ve asked SAs about the durability of it, I’ve gotten varying answers.

Reactions: Mairaculi
The leather is not delicate like lambskin but is not as durable as loewe’s smooth leather. If you’re reasonably careful, the leather should be fine. I don’t use this bag when I’m taking my toddlers out..I’m afraid it may scratch when I’mgetting them in or out of car seats. ( not that we’re going places these days) you do have to watch out for the corners. The leather is folded.
it is a great bag in the toy size and looks great dressed up with a chain strap. It should be able to fit your essentials. Sunglasses will probably have to be in a pouch and not hard case.
I’m too afraid to buy any bag with Black hardware. Whenever I’ve asked SAs about the durability of it, I’ve gotten varying answers.
Thanks, that sounds good so far!

Hi! How the corners held Up in this version of the loulou? I’m considering one in patent leather . Thank you

Omg the black hardware looks so good on the toy loulou! The sales associate I talked to seemed to think it isn’t a problem but I’m not convinced. The positive is that the toy loulou doesn’t have a chain strap so you would just have to watch out for the logo and the clasps but I still would be hesitant if it will be an everyday bag. I went with silver hardware on the toy loulou and added a chain strap. I went with the clutch in black hardware and added a chain since it’s a much lower price point and won’t be an everyday bag.

I don’t carry much in my toy loulou - iPhone 14 pro max (a tight squeeze in the back divided pocket) eye liner, mini concealer and lipgloss, cuticle oil, keys and sunglasses in pouch. I use the card slots and don’t carry an slg.

Good luck on your decision and please share which on you decide on :smile:

A56646A2-D06B-4F62-B21C-622F57C0641B.jpeg

5AA6B468-336F-45AF-A8E5-8288FFD5DED0.jpeg