Bottega Veneta Tourmaline or Nero too similar?

paruparo

Live.Laugh.Love.
O.G.
Nov 16, 2009
hello fellow BV lovers! I’ve had this Tourmaline Campana since 2011 and it’s one of my favorite bags. I had the opportunity to purchase a preloved Nero one so I jumped on the opportunity. It just got here today and I’m having second thoughts...
is the Nero and the Tourmaline VERY close in color? I do not want to keep both if the Nero is very similar to the Tourmaline. I’d rather purchase a different purse than have pretty much the same thing...
here are pics I took earlier... any opinions is much welcome and appreciated! F3ED36CF-00D4-4922-8FDA-71BEF08566C6.jpeg9EE30606-42DF-435A-965E-2B475E0AF804.jpeg783F8925-C9B6-4184-9027-E6ECFD92ACA3.jpeg65690DBA-FE0D-47C3-8329-34F25135D193.jpeg73C429F7-2030-4A5B-B461-DE897ABB49C5.jpeg

One's blue, one's black. You've got the bags in hand and can see the best. If the Nero strikes you as too similar, go with your gut and return it. :flowers:

Agree with @indiaink. I don't think it is too similar. I have a tourmaline veneta. It is clearly blue. If I can find a black veneta in the old design, I will consider it.

Thank you, ladies! Appreciate the feedback! I am usually pretty good at distinguishing the subtle nuances of color, and i thought it would be very obviously blue vs black. But to me, it’s not, and I’m trying to figure out if its glaringly obvious to others as well. Lol. I’ve been good so far working to “declutter” my closet, so i really do not want to keep duplicates of things (like i used to love doing haha).

Anyone else see my pics and see its so obviously blue v black?

I think Tourmaline and Nero are interchangeable and look almost the same in similar lights. So... yeah, I think someone who isn’t into BV or the nuances of colour would probably think it’s the same bag :flowers:

Reactions: annie9999
I have a messenger bag that I bought a few years ago thinking it was Nero (never bothered to check the tag). It wasn't until last year, when in a BV store talking to a SA that she mentioned it was tourmaline, not Nero. Definitely news to me; I still think it looks black (and I have several BV bags, including one that truly is Nero). That said, for me, they are truly interchangeable as VON1B2 mentioned previously.

I think Tourmaline and Nero are interchangeable and look almost the same in similar lights. So... yeah, I think someone who isn’t into BV or the nuances of colour would probably think it’s the same bag :flowers:

I agree with Von. I think tourmaline is dark enough that it often “reads” as Nero. Maybe you should try each one with several outfits and see if you feel there’s enough difference for you to keep both....

what other bags do you have? if mostly dark colours, then yes, they are too close, and i personally would opt for something different, light/bright coloured.
If you have mostly light bags, then, probably, intuitively you tend to what works for you coz you know YOU WILL USE it, then i would keep both :smile:

I have a messenger bag that I bought a few years ago thinking it was Nero (never bothered to check the tag). It wasn't until last year, when in a BV store talking to a SA that she mentioned it was tourmaline, not Nero. Definitely news to me; I still think it looks black (and I have several BV bags, including one that truly is Nero). That said, for me, they are truly interchangeable as VON1B2 mentioned previously.

I agree with Von. I think tourmaline is dark enough that it often “reads” as Nero. Maybe you should try each one with several outfits and see if you feel there’s enough difference for you to keep both....

thank you for the feedback and the suggestions! I've worn my Tourmaline with outfits that call for a black bag and it does look dark enough and looks like it is a black bag.

They’re quite close. I actually love Tourmaline as a color. Which do you prefer?

what other bags do you have? if mostly dark colours, then yes, they are too close, and i personally would opt for something different, light/bright coloured.
If you have mostly light bags, then, probably, intuitively you tend to what works for you coz you know YOU WILL USE it, then i would keep both :smile:

I love my Tourmaline. Other BV colors i have are: Ebano Large Veneta, Espresso Iron bag, Nero Tournabuoni, so I would say mostly dark bags...

Thank you all for helping me decide! I think I am going to return the Nero Campana and wait for a different color that I really like and would be different! I really thought a black one would be very different from my blue one, but to me, it's not, lol.:biggrin:

I love my Tourmaline. Other BV colors i have are: Ebano Large Veneta, Espresso Iron bag, Nero Tournabuoni, so I would say mostly dark bags...

Thank you all for helping me decide! I think I am going to return the Nero Campana and wait for a different color that I really like and would be different! I really thought a black one would be very different from my blue one, but to me, it's not, lol.:biggrin:
:tup:

I have a large Veneta hobo in tourmaline. At the beginning, I was looking for a black one but it was out of stock at the time. The SA suggested the tourmaline and I got it at once. Yes, in a way the two are similar, but even if i could choose between black and tourmaline, i would take the tourmaline one. It is classy and a bit more special. You may get a black bag that suit your taste easily, but not a navy one.

But if I were you, i would not return the black bag., because I love this brand.