Tough, inexpensive work totes?

Selena777

Apr 10, 2008
I'm a fashion-conscious (okay, obsessed) college senior who's preparing to venture into the "real world", and I need to find some really dependable totes... a gray one for summer/spring and a black one for fall/winter. Can anyone recommend some especially tough brands that won't break the bank? I've heard good things about Marc Jacobs, but the only things I could theoretically afford are in the Special line, and I'm balking at the idea of spending more than $20 (yeah, I know) on a purse. My more "liberal" price range is $100 and under. I have an affinity for classic style, so I'm looking for a structured bag that is sans a large ostentatious logo or a pattern consisting thereof.

angfento

Happy Momma!
Aug 31, 2006
I have a Dooney tote that I carry my laptop and everything else in.. it has been used and abused and still looks great! I use it every day for work, and also when I travel road trips & air... It hols everything, and has metal feet so the bottom still looks fine!

I couldn't find the exact one like mine, but this is similar...http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=281926&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results#

FYI I got my on sale at Dillard's for $125. Originally $180?

slidegirlcass

Feb 2, 2008
Sacred Fart
Victorinox (the people who make the original swiss army knife) have some great stuff. My old boss had been carrying one of their bags for more than 10 years. I recently saw some of their stuff at TJ Maxx like totes, laptop bags, and luggage.

aa12

O.G.
Apr 26, 2007
another vote for the longchamp , they are truly amazing and hold up very nicely.