Touching video

Addicted DH

Wild Orchid's DH
May 30, 2007
Forgive me if this is a repost by any chance. I came across this video, and I am making a point to post it on all forums I am a member of. No political statements are being made by this post, and it is NOT my intention to start any. Rather I just feel this should be shared with the world.

Remember Me.

To those that understand this video all to well, I will say I share in your feelings, as I have experienced them myself. To those that cannot understand with full clarity, I know that you try to, and I am grateful for this.

Semper Fi

Okay...decided to watch it. I am proud to come from a military family (both my dad and grandfather were in the US Army - GO BIG RED ONE!!!) and both were involved in wars (Korea and First Gulf War)...Nobody will ever understand how difficult it is for these families unless they are these families...

That video brings back a lot of the emotions that I felt when my dad was gone to war. The emotions and fear that you feel during that time of uncertainty about what is going to happen to your loved one is unreal. I remember when my dad came back home from Saudi. I remember running down the stairs, stopping, and staring at him because he had red hair (he was blonde) from all of the sand and sun. I remember how happy I was to see him again.

I was with a good friend of mine as her husband came home from his first tour in Iraq. I stood in the crowd watching all of the husbands and wives waiting for their loved ones. Many of the wives had small babies, that their soldier husbands had never met before since they had given birth while their husbands were away.

...Sorry, I need to stop now. Makes me cry too much...

That video touched me, it hit home in more ways than one, I remember when I had to leave I could not stop crying but I kept a smile for my husband and daughter because I didn't want her to be sad, and I remember coming home and seeing my husband and daughter waiting when my plane landed. I'm no longer active duty I've since joined the air national guard now, and I know I don't get much play on this forum but I wanted to share my pics of when I left and when I was over there. Then you can say wow someone I speak on the TPF was actually over there.

Attachments

• Leaving.JPG
    Leaving.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 27
  • NIghtshift.JPG
    NIghtshift.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 34
This is exactly why I wish to return to the Corps. Not to be remembered, but rather so that I can be there for my fellow Marines. There during the joy, the pain, the fun, the work, and there at the end. It pains me deeply to be sitting here in my home, and enjoying the freedoms that my compatriots are protecting. It should be my turn again to stand watch, and allow the war wearied backs of others to rest for a time.

Alas this is something that my DW has trouble understanding.