Totem owners required..

emms2381

Nov 1, 2011
So...

Proper toying with the idea of owning something from the totem line.

it will be my first LE addition...

So I am contemplating on a Speedy.. i think (haha)

So, what are the pros with these items and do you see any flaws?? Are they a bit much?? I mean is this something thats solely kept for limited occasions or would you wear it a bit?

Someone mentioned the epi pieces will curl up over time which scares me.

I am always frettfull about buying limited "quirky" pieces and tend to stay safe with classics...

Thoughts??

lincer

Apr 28, 2015
Hmm, I rather buy classics too, but that's because I don't want to own a lot of LVs.

But I'm a huge cat lover so I'm going to buy a totem item as soon as I find out which one is a cat. So my reason to buy a totem item is much "weirder" than yours. :P

Leo the Lion

Aug 7, 2013
I purchased the Totem Speedy in Flamingo and I LOVE it! I have 13 Speedy's and this is the first one with no vachetta to worry about and will not show it's age. It's a Limited Edition, so it's a collectible and not many will be made so it's more special and a conversation piece. I will use it everyday or in my handbag rotation. Please watch my You Tube video on it under: Leo Lion LV Speedy Totem Unboxing :smile: Some extra information in that video. Let me know what you think. XOXO

Reactions: Mayfly285

zzz888

May 25, 2015
I like totem speedy very much, mainly because I like speedy in general. I haven't bought one yet cuz they are more expensive then classic.
And I know LV make LE every year, soon there will be alot of LE , this make it less limited, I would think it as "special " edition rather than limited edition. So if you like it you buy it.

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
For my actual bags I prefer more classic designs since they are not a fad that may look dated in the future, especially at such a price point, instead they are timeless. However, I find the occasional LE slg can add a lot of character, colour, and whimsy to a collection without becoming overbearing or create possible buyer's remorse in the following years when styles change.

emms2381

Nov 1, 2011
I purchased the Totem Speedy in Flamingo and I LOVE it! I have 13 Speedy's and this is the first one with no vachetta to worry about and will not show it's age. It's a Limited Edition, so it's a collectible and not many will be made so it's more special and a conversation piece. I will use it everyday or in my handbag rotation. Please watch my You Tube video on it under: Leo Lion LV Speedy Totem Unboxing :smile: Some extra information in that video. Let me know what you think. XOXO

Ive watched it already... its great and it was indeed you that made me want one haha x

Houseofphylis

Nov 4, 2013
Hello! I just purchased my Totem Speedy in Magenta. This is the second speedy 30 I own and both of mine are Limited Edition. I prefer Limited Edition pieces because they are unique and once they are gone, they are gone. I do have an Speedy 35 in azur that I love, but I can always get a classic speedy but not the limited edition pieces. I have to say that the quality is higher on the limited edition items. If you love it, go for it! I am thrilled with my LE speedy purchases. I hope this helps! [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] ImageUploadedByPurseForum1443873746.933329.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1443874076.173683.jpg

Reactions: Mayfly285

GAN

O.G.
May 7, 2011
Hello! I just purchased my Totem Speedy in Magenta. This is the second speedy 30 I own and both of mine are Limited Edition. I prefer Limited Edition pieces because they are unique and once they are gone, they are gone. I do have an Speedy 35 in azur that I love, but I can always get a classic speedy but not the limited edition pieces. I have to say that the quality is higher on the limited edition items. If you love it, go for it! I am thrilled with my LE speedy purchases. I hope this helps! [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] View attachment 3146483 View attachment 3146485
Nice!!! these makes me drool.

I already am the waiting list for the animation series for zippy coin pouch.

Feels like getting one of this in speedy or neverfull as seems to be the first time there is no no vachettahe to worry

Nov 27, 2014
I think the totem pieces are really cute. I had purchased a totem alma Bb in flamingo.. And as much as I loved the colors, I know I wouldn't love it forever.

It wouldn't be a classic staple in my collection for me. I knew I'd get sick of it down the line. But that's just me. There are just some things with pops of color that I can't let go. I just had some doubts so after a couple days of having it and trying it on at home. I finally decided.

However, I think the totem looks best on the speedys. It looks more neutral with just light touches since it's on a larger bag. On the alma, it pretty much took over. It was super cute. I didn't want to part with it because it's so eye catching but I can't have 3 alma BBs so I had to choose lol.

I exchanged it for an Alma BB in epi in Rose nacre. It was a perfect blend between vernis and epi since it is a pearly pink! I just know it would be a classic for me forever and i love little pink handbags. For me, it filled the pink void I wanted more so than the totem.

Depends on you though.

How do you personally feel about it? When it comes down to it, do you love? I say go try it on and take a couple of pictures. Talk with your SA and some fellow friends on tPF. When I'm stuck, I always figure out what I want eventually. Just takes some mulling Lolol.

Houseofphylis

Nov 4, 2013
Nice!!! these makes me drool.

I already am the waiting list for the animation series for zippy coin pouch.

Feels like getting one of this in speedy or neverfull as seems to be the first time there is no no vachettahe to worry

That is what I love about the Totem, worry free!! No water or rain can hold me back!! I would recommend to at least go and try one out at the store. [emoji4][emoji4][emoji7][emoji7]

balen.girl

IG : balengirl
O.G.
Aug 24, 2010
I don't have totem speedy. But i have totem alma BB and I think it's very cute.. Now i am thinking to get totem neverfull.. :P
I have alma BB in epi, but i think my new totem is so special.. So what are you waiting for ? Go get it.. ;)

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1443889588.690952.jpg

emms2381

Nov 1, 2011
I don't have totem speedy. But i have totem alma BB and I think it's very cute.. Now i am thinking to get totem neverfull.. :P
I have alma BB in epi, but i think my new totem is so special.. So what are you waiting for ? Go get it.. ;)

View attachment 3146689

Haha i wish i could just go get it!!

Im trying to talk the boyfriend round into agreeing that i should buy one lol..

This may be hard work!!

Leo the Lion

Aug 7, 2013
Hello! I just purchased my Totem Speedy in Magenta. This is the second speedy 30 I own and both of mine are Limited Edition. I prefer Limited Edition pieces because they are unique and once they are gone, they are gone. I do have an Speedy 35 in azur that I love, but I can always get a classic speedy but not the limited edition pieces. I have to say that the quality is higher on the limited edition items. If you love it, go for it! I am thrilled with my LE speedy purchases. I hope this helps! [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] View attachment 3146483 View attachment 3146485
Beautiful bags! Love both, enjoy!!!