Tote help please Leather Deauville or leather perforated tote.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I would really appreciate some thoughts on this. I love a tote and am looking at the Deauville in black leather or the perforated tote from 2016 act 1. I'm looking to purchase new from a boutique. In the past I have owned a GST and GST XL but sold both on as they were heavy, awkward feeing and slipped off my shoulder.
    Does anyone have experience of these new ones? How well they wear? Is the Deauville wax leather long lasting or does it mark? Will the perforated hold weight?
    Thank you. Pictures are from the Internet to get an idea. Also unsure of Deauville size and whether to have the top handles on the large ?
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1464796898.779275.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1464796913.237199.jpg

2. The Deauville Tote pictured is in the small size and yes they're are handles on the large size. I have a Deauville Tote, not in leather, in the small size and really love it!

3. They are both beautiful however, I vote the Deauville leather tote. But it honestly depends on your style. I try to keep my style young and on edge so the Deauville is right up my alley.

4. I just bought the black perforated tote on top and love it. It is light weight.

5. Definitely personal preference, but would go for the Deauville. Love the look and finish.

6. I also just bought the perforated tote and love it. I didn't like it that much when I saw it online but it really caught my eyes in the store. It's lightweight but the shoulder strap is thick and seem sturdy. I don't think you can put a ton of weight in it, but I probably won't with any nice bags anyways.

7. I agree. The perforated tote look a lot better in person than online.

8. Have you looked at the Rock in Rome tote bag that is out now? There are some good pictures on it in the Authentic Boutique Finds thread. It might be that perfect compromise.

9. Do you have picture?

10. Prefer the perforated tote as it looks more sleek and cultured. The Deauville looks more casual, relaxed and chillin'

11. Do you use your deauville tote as daily bag? Is it durable?

12. No, I don't use it everyday but yes it is super durable and stain resistant :smile:

13. I bought the Deauville (small, leather) this past weekend and I love it so far. It's really comfortable to wear, has the right amount of structure, and can fit quite a lot. :biggrin:

14. I'm not a fan of perforated bags, and I have the large leather Deauville and love it. I actually had the small size but returned for the large size and I am VERY happy!

I sold my GST for the same reasons you did.

I rotate my bags a lot but yes I have used this bag for every day and it seems extremely durable. I love the top handles on the large size.

15. My vote is for the Deauville. Love it!