Totally side tab curling issues

Nattymj

May 7, 2013
Hi!
I was hesitant to buy my Totally PM DA because I have seen used ones on eBay and my friends having odd curled up side tabs. I don't know why, but the curled up side leather tabs bothers me so much!!!
Anyway, I decided in February this year, 3 days before the price increase, to just go for it and buy one!
So I used it everyday for almost 4 months now and have not had any side tab issues yet!
If anyone else is scared of this like me, here's what I did to avoid the issue-
I would grab the canvas right under the zipper to zip it closed.
Easy as that :biggrin:
Hope my little tip can help someone else out there!
Here's some pics, sorry of my photo bombing puppy! She's only 7 months old and super awkward :lol:

Hi!
I was hesitant to buy my Totally PM DA because I have seen used ones on eBay and my friends having odd curled up side tabs. I don't know why, but the curled up side leather tabs bothers me so much!!!
Anyway, I decided in February this year, 3 days before the price increase, to just go for it and buy one!
So I used it everyday for almost 4 months now and have not had any side tab issues yet!
If anyone else is scared of this like me, here's what I did to avoid the issue-
I would grab the canvas right under the zipper to zip it closed.
Easy as that :biggrin:
Hope my little tip can help someone else out there!
Here's some pics, sorry of my photo bombing puppy! She's only 7 months old and super awkward :lol:

Mine is 4 yrs old and no curling tabs! Not sure how it happens to others as I also take good care of mine and it's not curling at all. Love this bag!

Here's a suggestion that I know works (tried this on my MM)...I got the original idea from here and modified it a bit:

-Take a dust bag from a small leather good and put it around the bottom of the tab
-Take a clothespin and clip the dust bag to the bottom of the tab
-Put the other end of the clothespin in the side pocket (so that the clothespin is held vertically)
-Leave in place for 4 or 5 days and the result is amazing

Hope this helps should anyone ever need this :biggrin:

Here's a suggestion that I know works (tried this on my MM)...I got the original idea from here and modified it a bit:

-Take a dust bag from a small leather good and put it around the bottom of the tab
-Take a clothespin and clip the dust bag to the bottom of the tab
-Put the other end of the clothespin in the side pocket (so that the clothespin is held vertically)
-Leave in place for 4 or 5 days and the result is amazing

Hope this helps should anyone ever need this :biggrin:
I'll try this when my tabs start to curl! Thanks!