Totally side tab curling issues

Nattymj

May 7, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Hi!
I was hesitant to buy my Totally PM DA because I have seen used ones on eBay and my friends having odd curled up side tabs. I don't know why, but the curled up side leather tabs bothers me so much!!!
Anyway, I decided in February this year, 3 days before the price increase, to just go for it and buy one!
So I used it everyday for almost 4 months now and have not had any side tab issues yet!
If anyone else is scared of this like me, here's what I did to avoid the issue-
I would grab the canvas right under the zipper to zip it closed.
Easy as that :biggrin:
Hope my little tip can help someone else out there!
Here's some pics, sorry of my photo bombing puppy! She's only 7 months old and super awkward :lol:

Rani

O.G.
Mar 5, 2008
Great tip! Curling tabs put me off this bag in the past. Your totally pm azur looks lovely!

axcarter

LV LaLa Land
Aug 9, 2012
U.S.A
Hi!
I was hesitant to buy my Totally PM DA because I have seen used ones on eBay and my friends having odd curled up side tabs. I don't know why, but the curled up side leather tabs bothers me so much!!!
Anyway, I decided in February this year, 3 days before the price increase, to just go for it and buy one!
So I used it everyday for almost 4 months now and have not had any side tab issues yet!
If anyone else is scared of this like me, here's what I did to avoid the issue-
I would grab the canvas right under the zipper to zip it closed.
Easy as that :biggrin:
Hope my little tip can help someone else out there!
Here's some pics, sorry of my photo bombing puppy! She's only 7 months old and super awkward :lol:

Mine is 4 yrs old and no curling tabs! Not sure how it happens to others as I also take good care of mine and it's not curling at all. Love this bag!

handbagjunkie00

LV Addict
Jan 28, 2014
Midwest
Here's a suggestion that I know works (tried this on my MM)...I got the original idea from here and modified it a bit:

-Take a dust bag from a small leather good and put it around the bottom of the tab
-Take a clothespin and clip the dust bag to the bottom of the tab
-Put the other end of the clothespin in the side pocket (so that the clothespin is held vertically)
-Leave in place for 4 or 5 days and the result is amazing

Hope this helps should anyone ever need this :biggrin:

axcarter

LV LaLa Land
Aug 9, 2012
U.S.A
Here's a suggestion that I know works (tried this on my MM)...I got the original idea from here and modified it a bit:

-Take a dust bag from a small leather good and put it around the bottom of the tab
-Take a clothespin and clip the dust bag to the bottom of the tab
-Put the other end of the clothespin in the side pocket (so that the clothespin is held vertically)
-Leave in place for 4 or 5 days and the result is amazing

Hope this helps should anyone ever need this :biggrin:
I'll try this when my tabs start to curl! Thanks!