Totally question

k_elizabeth

Jul 19, 2013
Hello ladies! I went in to my Louis Vuitton boutique last week to buy the Totally to use as my mommy bag and was sad to hear it was discontinued. I ended up buying the Iena on the advice of my SA who told me it was the Totally's replacement. As soon as I brought her home though I knew it wasn't going to work out. I tried packing and re-packing Iena with all my work/baby/life stuff and couldn't make it work, so I took her back today. I asked my SA if there were any other boutiques where I could maybe purchase over the phone, but was told there are none. [emoji24]

Well my SA must have been reading my mind because he cautioned me against buying used because the reason the Totally was discontinued was because the pockets on the sides were supposedly cracking or something? Has anyone heard this or had that experience?

Thanks everyone, I really had my heart set on the Totally and would love to hear your thoughts.

I haven't really heard of that particular issue regarding totally, well not here in PF anyways. I also have a 5 year old one that still in a very good condition though slightly dirty around the zip area cause its in DA

I don't own a totally but I was in the market for one for awhile and never heard of that problem. Never really heard of any problems with the totally

No I have not heard about that issue. I wouldn't believe everything a SA says about LV products. I think it was just discontinued because that seems to be the cycle with LV lately. I think that's their current marketing strategy. I've had my Totally since mid 2014 and it's still in perfect shape! I used it as a mommy bag for awhile too and now I just use it for me! If you are still interested, I would definitely try and find one pre-loved. Good luck and I hope you find one!

Reactions: ruchie
Sorry, but I think your SA is making stuff up. I have a mono Totally MM with no issues. The only thing that will happen with most Totallys after a while is the side leather tabs will start to curl up. Some people find this unsightly, but it doesn't affect the functionality of the bag in any way. I'd shop the the preloved market with full confidence if this is the bag you want.

Reactions: j19
Hello ladies! I went in to my Louis Vuitton boutique last week to buy the Totally to use as my mommy bag and was sad to hear it was discontinued. I ended up buying the Iena on the advice of my SA who told me it was the Totally's replacement. As soon as I brought her home though I knew it wasn't going to work out. I tried packing and re-packing Iena with all my work/baby/life stuff and couldn't make it work, so I took her back today. I asked my SA if there were any other boutiques where I could maybe purchase over the phone, but was told there are none. [emoji24]

Well my SA must have been reading my mind because he cautioned me against buying used because the reason the Totally was discontinued was because the pockets on the sides were supposedly cracking or something? Has anyone heard this or had that experience?

Thanks everyone, I really had my heart set on the Totally and would love to hear your thoughts.

Both sizes are available on the USA website