Totally PM or Palermo PM

hello!
I just got my new Totally PM in mono. It had to be transferred from another store out of state and shipped to me as my local LV store doesn't have any LV mono bag in stock!
Since i am in my 14 days window, i am exploring other similar bags even though i do love the size, feel, and look of my Totally!
Specifically, I am considering between "Totally" and "Palermo"? I like the fact that both have zipper closure, similar size that can fit a iPAD. I like the fact that Palermo PM has extra stap and can be carried crossbody if i travel or need both hands. But i am not sure if it's too boxy with larger bottom. I am petite (5'3" with small frame). Also, i am not sure if Palermo worth $300 extra comparing to Totally. thanks for your input!

between those two bags, i prefer the look and versatility of the palermo pm. the long strap gives you carrying options that you do not have with the totally.

the palermo pm was on my list, but i've taken it off mainly since i was able to get my hands on an odeon gm (a bag i had been COVETING like a mad woman!!) if the odeon were not in the picture, i would have gotten the palermo pm :smile:

between those two bags, i prefer the look and versatility of the palermo pm. the long strap gives you carrying options that you do not have with the totally.

the palermo pm was on my list, but i've taken it off mainly since i was able to get my hands on an odeon gm (a bag i had been COVETING like a mad woman!!) if the odeon were not in the picture, i would have gotten the palermo pm :smile:

what makes you like Odeon more? can you carry it over the shoulder with the short straps? do you know how long is the long strap? Also, do you find it a little big? I am only 5'3" 110lb. so, can it be too big on me?

Hi annielvpurse,
First off thats two great choices : the Totally and Palermo , I love both bags I have the Totally MM and Palermo GM , whichever one you choose you will love Im sure of it !
The shoulder straps are great on both bags, as well both have zippers !

what makes you like Odeon more? can you carry it over the shoulder with the short straps? do you know how long is the long strap? Also, do you find it a little big? I am only 5'3" 110lb. so, can it be too big on me?

i like the odeon more because it is thinner in profile. the base of the palermo is a decent sized rectangular, so when worn cross-body, on me the palermo pm felt and looked really bulky. the palermo is a gorgeous bag, but i was really wanting something that would make a great crossbody. the long strap on the palermo wasn't quite long enough sugh that when worn crossbody, the palermo was hanging a little too high on my waist.

the odeon gm will not hold as much as the palermo pm, but the thinner profile, in my opinion, seems to look sleeker. i personally do not find it too big (i do like big bags though--other LVs are speedy 35 and neverfull GM).

i am able to wear it over the shoulder with the shorter straps. i've been able to also wear it over the shoulder with the short straps wearing a wool coat, but i can see where a very heavy coat would impede shoulder-carry.

below is a link to modeling pix i took of with my odeon worn several different ways.
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/odeon-gm-modeling-photos-638929.html

i haven't taken measurements of the longer strap, but in the pictures above, the strap is on the last hole so the strap is at its longest possible length.

i hope that helps!!!

Thanks! LV might have solved my problem, as Palermo is out of stock online and in my local store. I was told by 866 rep that stores were not supposed to transfer any bag since 2 months ago due to shortage issue. I guess I was lucky that I got Totally transferred to me from Denvor store this Monday. :smile:
Elleestbelle, those are great photos! I really like Odeon too but wish they made MM the same!

Thanks! LV might have solved my problem, as Palermo is out of stock online and in my local store. I was told by 866 rep that stores were not supposed to transfer any bag since 2 months ago due to shortage issue. I guess I was lucky that I got Totally transferred to me from Denvor store this Monday. :smile:
Elleestbelle, those are great photos! I really like Odeon too but wish they made MM the same!

thanks so much OP! i know what you mean about making the MM more similar in style to the GM :smile:

congrats on the totally! cannot wait to see modeling pix!!! :yahoo: