Totally PM in Damier Ebene- straps won't stay on my shoulder?

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there some sort of magic trick to getting the straps to not fall? Granted, my shoulders slope a bit, but I've tried wearing the bag with a coat, sweater, blouse, etc. and nothing seems to work. :sad: I even brought the bag into the LV store to ask an SA and the only advice she gave was if it was heavier, then it might help the straps stay put? Help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 11.46.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 11.46.15 AM.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 675
Reactions: LVoe4DB
Has anyone else had this problem? Is there some sort of magic trick to getting the straps to not fall? Granted, my shoulders slope a bit, but I've tried wearing the bag with a coat, sweater, blouse, etc. and nothing seems to work. :sad: I even brought the bag into the LV store to ask an SA and the only advice she gave was if it was heavier, then it might help the straps stay put? Help!
Is it just one strap that slips off or is it both?

I had the EXACT same problem with my Totally DE. The front strap would fall off my shoulder every 10 seconds. I tried everything, from carrying a heavy bag (which was uncomfortable, because the DE straps are stiff at first) to crisscrossing the straps, but nothing worked. It drove me absolutely crazy and I sold the bag in no time.

Reactions: CupcakesandChanel
Hi ladies I am looking at purchasing my first Lv bag as i have always been a mulberry girl...... My hubs bought me a Sarah wallet for Christmas and this is where my love affair has began!!!! I am looking at a neverfull but not sure about size I am thinking mm as I have two young children can I ask what your opinions are ladies and also any other Lv bags you think would be suitable????

Thank you Xx

I had the EXACT same problem with my Totally DE. The front strap would fall off my shoulder every 10 seconds. I tried everything, from carrying a heavy bag (which was uncomfortable, because the DE straps are stiff at first) to crisscrossing the straps, but nothing worked. It drove me absolutely crazy and I sold the bag in no time.
That sounds exactly like what happens to me! Bahh, maybe it's best just to part ways then

It's both- it always starts with the strap that's furthest away from me, then within minutes, the remaining strap falls down my arm, taking the bag with the momentum :sad: I've tried folding one strap over the other, but that doesn't seem to work.
I can come up with several ideas but realistically the Totally isn't working for you, maybe it's time to sell - something that I don't say often btw - and use the proceeds towards a bag that'll be a better fit such as a crossbody or a NF which has shorter/narrower straps

Reactions: tanj
Yikes....wonder if it is because of the width that they are apart from one another on each side.....I actually thought the bag was perfectly proportioned, and I believe this bag will be my next purchase, but I am apprehensive to hear that there might be problems in this regard from at least three of you.......

Yikes....wonder if it is because of the width that they are apart from one another on each side.....I actually thought the bag was perfectly proportioned, and I believe this bag will be my next purchase, but I am apprehensive to hear that there might be problems in this regard from at least three of you.......
Other than the shoulder strap issue, I LOVE this bag. It's absolutely beautiful. I would encourage you to walk around the store a bit in a shirt [minus the coat, sweater, etc] to see if you would have the same problem. I admittedly have sloping shoulders, so that may contribute [I didn't come across this issue 2 years ago when I bought the bag, if that makes you feel better]. If you're looking for one in great condition, holla at your girl! :P

Reactions: Compass Rose

Those straps may not be the right straps for your shoulders, no matter what you do. I've had that happen a few times. I have a couple of bags like that (different designers). Now I never buy a purse after one try. I don't care what the SAs think.
I love the Delightful PM and wanted it so badly that I went back to the LV store 3 times wearing different clothes. I even repositioned the bag differently on my shoulders, because I was determined to make it work. Well, it didn't . lol

Having had several handbags, I came to a conclusion that thinner straps work better for me, even though my shoulders don't droop.

I love the Neverfull MM straps. They stay on my shoulders very well. I've read that some people do not like the Neverfull straps.

I'm thinking about trying on the IENA PM in DE when it comes out. I saw a lady with the Iena PM in Mono and the straps looked thinner, with a type of a dotted line in the center of the straps, which perhaps helps the straps stay on? I'll see IF the DE bag will have the same type of straps. IMO, that bag is pretty close to the Totally, but instead of the side pockets, it has a front pocket. I will definitely try it first.

YES! This happens to me with my monogram pm Totally, I always thought it was my shoulders!