Totally is an "older woman or mom bag"

Nattymj

May 7, 2013
I went and tried both the Neverfull MM and Totally MM in DE today.
The SA told me "older women and moms" buy the Totally and someone younger like me should do the Neverfull...
I did think that was kind of an odd comment from an SA. Especially since I actually have a Totally PM in DA!
I am not super young, I'm 26, and a married woman.
I actually think the Totally is more comfy than the Neverfull. The Neverfull is $200 cheaper though and does have that pochette that comes with it.

Just wondering your thoughts???

I feel like I've heard someone say that before. I think it's ridiculous. I own neither, but if I did I would lean towards the Totally because it has a zipper (and honestly, everyone and their mother carries a Neverfull around here and I just don't see the appeal). I am also a young mom (just turned 27), so I fit into one of two of those categories the judgmental SA described :P

I may be in the minority, but don't give me that kind of "guidance" when I'm shopping! If I am deciding between two, I'm going to pick the one that I like the best based on my lifestyle and I feel like saying that I don't fit the demographic for one of the ones I'm trying on is just totally unwanted and unnecessary.

Sorry if my rant makes no sense, haven't had my coffee yet ;)

Buy what is right for you. I had a similar situation. The SA talked me out of buying a Brahmin--Speedy shaped--satchel. She told me the satchel was too mature for me and girls my age did not carry them. She was right girls my age did not carry them. I left confused and put that money towards a new laptop. Looking back, the satchel was right for me because it was what I wanted. Now, I agree with the SA, but my taste changed.
I'm going to state my opinion. I prefer the Neverfull MM over the Totally MM. The Totally has a utility look to me. I think that was why many moms and older woman that your SA comes in contact with carry it. The SA suggestion was based off her experience and taste. Rock your own fashion statement. Buy what you love.

Last edited:
I've got a totally and a never full and yep I'm a mum but I love both bags I do love how the totally has a zip though and I don't get the diaper bag thing as it's just a zipper tote! I would go with what you love and ignore comments

Buy what you like. Personally I don't like the Totally (in any prints). It just doesn't speak to me. I know it is functional with the side pocket and zippers but the first time I saw the bag my immediately reaction is "meh" . The NF has grown on me but still not to the point I would what one. If I were to get a functional "popular" bag, I will go for speedy b 25 or 30.

Totally looks like Michael Kors. I know that MK copied LV but there are many more of this style being worn and piled up in the Macy's clearance that I am turned off to it.
As far as being a Mommy bag, it is a really good design to use as a diaper bag with the deep outside pockets for the baby bottles.
BUT, don't think the SA's should decide or inform which bag is wrong for us especially when they are not asked for an opinion.

You do realize that we know a lot more about the LV bags than most the SA's do right? Lol she's a loon and that is not true!

This is their personal opinion not ours as the consumer.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Last edited:
That SA isn't very intelligent at all. But I have made the same experience with an SA in Switzerland too: he said to me, that the Galliera is really ugly und so often to see everywhere ( I don't own a Galliera). He said: I hate that bag...

You should always buy what YOU love! You are going to be paying for and carrying the bag not her. If she feels that way then she shouldn't buy one. If Totally works for your lifestyle then get it. One of the best things about LV is their variety, they have something for everyone!

I have 2 Totally bags (1 pm DA and 1 mm monogram). I'm 27 and not a mother (unless my 2 pitbulls count 😊). I love them and think they are perfect for my lifestyle. I did try the Neverfull, and even went so far as to purchase it because I thought it would be a great work bag. But I had to return it the next day because the straps were to uncomfortable. In retrospect, even if the straps weren't an issue, I'd still prefer the Totally.

My SA talked me out of it too. Was so excited about picking up the MM in DE. But he said it's such an 'oldie' bag and suggested it for my mom. I was too taken aback to think straight at that time so didn't buy it. The DE is beautiful and if you like it, you should buy it. It's more about how u feel when u carry it more than anything else. I didn't regret my decision as I was eyeing the neo neverfull anyway but it's definitely on my list for the future.